Ingredion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ingredion Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingredion.

Interview

Brought into conference room and had a casual interview. Toured the laboratory afterwards and was taught about each instrument and the process that accompanies them. Rather short interview overall and very friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are my interests and strengths   1 Answer

Global Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Total Disconnect! It always took a few days just to receive any type of reply. If communication up front is this bad, I can't even imagine what it's like on a day to day basis.

Virtual Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingredion (New York, NY).

Interview

Scam, beware there is a very elaborate scam going on made by individuals that are using this company as a front. I was asked to be a "Virtual Assistant" on AngelList. Do not fall for it!!

Interview Questions

• They sent a series of test task that took two hours to complete. There was to be seven in total.   4 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Called me back within a week and gave me a phone interview about the job applied for. Another week later called and invited me to an on-sight interview and a tour through the Bedford Park plant. Accepted the invitation. They accommodated all my flights to get to Chicago and back. Accommodated a hotel room for me also. Very professional set of two interviews with plant managers. 2 weeks went on after the interview. They called and offered me a position. I accepted.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Over the last 10 years i have been in contact with CPC/Ingredion. Every 6 to 9 months someone would call me to discuss an open position in the organization. I have interviewed at the facility twice and never had any feedback from the interview after visiting the facility for the interview. Every time I interviewed there were different people. The last interview, I was told that I must be older......really!!!!! I got old after interviewing for the last 10 years!!!! Also illegal to discuss age.

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by scheduled onsite interview with 4 persons. Schedule was for 1 hour with each individual. When I arrived it took 15 minutes to locate the person I was instructed to ask for who then said they had not been informed I was coming. After a one hour phone conference with the first person I spent 15-20 minutes with the next person. I was then told the next person was not available and asked to talk to someone with no relationship to of knowledge of the position being applied for. After 15-20 minutes of this that person went to find the person I had already been told was not available and did locate them in a meeting. Upon returning he offered to try a shuffle the schedules of the last two interviewers by switching the times. He began to make a call to do this and the person I had already spoken with came in again saying the one person was not available and that the last person would call me. He then escorted me out of the building. I found the experience very demeaning and rude.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in leaving my current employer   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL).

Interview

I had three phone interviews over the course of three weeks. The second person I interviewed with forgot about the interview and called 45 minutes late. The last person I interviewed with was not prepared and did not sound like she wanted to be interviewing me. She kept repeating at the end that she had no more questions and have a good weekend. I did not get a rejection call/email. I even emailed the hiring manager two weeks later about the status and heard nothing. This was a horrible interview process.t hey did not ask your basic behavior question, only on what did you in your last job and about my major in college.

Interview Questions

• What did you like least about your laboratory classes?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The overall recruitment process was very simple. I networked with the recruiters at Career Fair then applied online on their website as well as through our university job portal. I was invited to an interview shortly after, and the interview itself was a very typical behavioral interview which lasted about 30 minutes. There was only one interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in pursuing a career in accounting?   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Super unprofessional. After a series of interviews, I was given a loose verbal offer and told a written offer would be sent to me within two days. The letter never showed up and they wouldn't answer phone calls or respond to emails. They then re-posted the job a few days later. Beware of these guys.

Two on-site interviews in Chicago, two phone calls, and a trip out to a 3rd party consulting firm to take an 8 hour lab examination. Highly unusual.

Interview Questions

• Extensive lab examination for position that included material way beyond the job requirements.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingredion in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR recruiter followed by phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview scheduled several weeks later. The on-site interview process consisted of multiple interviews over a period of about 6 hours. Very robotic and outdated approach to interviewing. Questions were a good mix of work background and behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for Ingredion   1 Answer