Ingredion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ingredion

2.8

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Bedford Park, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR via email 2 days later to schedule a phone interview between the talent acquisition manager and I. The interview was just to determine my interest in the company/position and briefly discuss my resume. Next another phone interview was scheduled via email between myself, and HR manager, and two senior Engineers. They discussed my resume in detail, discussed the position, and asked general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected - just be prepared to show examples of leadership and how you tackled difficult/problematic situations.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingredion (Bedford Park, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straightforward, relaxed, and quick interview. Asked questions about character, problem solving, skills gained, and overall why you would be a good fit for the company. Very quick response after the interview was complete and quick to start.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingredion (Bedford Park, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Ingredion (as of July 2015) likes to keep interviews as short as possible. There were 3 interviewers and we sat at the end of a conference table. 2 interviewers were Lead Chemists (I have a chemistry degree) and the other was from HR. They spent around 10 minutes asking me just a few questions. After that I spent over 20 minutes asking them questions (all relevant questions about the job/company/culture). I was hired by them the next business day, though they are desperately looking for employees right now so don't expect it to be the norm. I was referred by the job recruiter Lab Support and will start at $16/hr as I have a Masters degree. Non-masters candidates start at $15/hr. This position is simply to start my career right out of graduate school as I have no industry experience. Likewise I've heard there's a big pay bump once I have enough experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and other very basic, general questions   1 Answer

Strategic Planning, Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL).

Interview

Very robotic interview process where interviewers literally interviewed from a script, some of who were writing so much that I'm not sure they heard my replies. Very assembly-line like. If that's the interview process...the place must be micro-managed to death.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to overcome an obstacle to deliver.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The overall recruitment process was very simple. I networked with the recruiters at Career Fair then applied online on their website as well as through our university job portal. I was invited to an interview shortly after, and the interview itself was a very typical behavioral interview which lasted about 30 minutes. There was only one interview on campus.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in pursuing a career in accounting?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingredion in November 2013.

Interview

Applied at career fair booth and got a call for a phone interview 2 months later. Scheduled phone interview followed by on-site visit to plant. Relaxed interview with behavioral questions. Following the interview was a tour of the facilities and meeting engineers. Was extended an offer at end of week.

Took a while to hear to hear after the career fair but process after happened quickly.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you showed leadership in a situation in your life.   Answer Question

Marketer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I took part in a series of three in-person meetings with various people in the business, as well as multiple phone calls with a person in the human resources department. They also had an extensive background check.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ingredion in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR recruiter followed by phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview scheduled several weeks later. The on-site interview process consisted of multiple interviews over a period of about 6 hours. Very robotic and outdated approach to interviewing. Questions were a good mix of work background and behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work for Ingredion   1 Answer

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Super unprofessional. After a series of interviews, I was given a loose verbal offer and told a written offer would be sent to me within two days. The letter never showed up and they wouldn't answer phone calls or respond to emails. They then re-posted the job a few days later. Beware of these guys.

Two on-site interviews in Chicago, two phone calls, and a trip out to a 3rd party consulting firm to take an 8 hour lab examination. Highly unusual.

Interview Questions

• Extensive lab examination for position that included material way beyond the job requirements.   1 Answer

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ingredion in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview with an HR manager who set up another phone interview with the hiring manager and an engineer. Interviews consisted of talking about the company and asking about my resume. Very straightforward process. Didn't receive an offer but was connected to HR in their New Jersey research facility for other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What skills did you use in school or laboratory research that would be useful in this position?   Answer Question