Ingredion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2017

2.8

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

As far as I can tell it was with a chatbot that copied/pasted from the job description on the website. It (she?) was 20 minutes late to the interview (via Google Hangouts). It was supposed to be via video call but instead it was a very slow back and forth where I was required to answer "OK" after I'd read the copy/paste message and then wait 3-5 minutes from the next copy/paste message. I cut the "interview" short because they are not serious about hiring excellent people with an interview strategy like this.

Interview Questions

• Does it matter? You could put anything and the chatbot would respond (3-5 minutes later) with the next question.   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ingredion.

Interview

Brought into conference room and had a casual interview. Toured the laboratory afterwards and was taught about each instrument and the process that accompanies them. Rather short interview overall and very friendly interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What are my interests and strengths   1 Answer

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was recruited on AngelList. The recruiter asked me to apply for this role. I should have been concerned from the start as the job advert was only on AngelList and not posted anywhere else or on the Ingredion Careers website.

The "interviewer" originally set up a group video interview. They were 2 hours late. Instead of video, they messaged claiming Hangouts video is "not working" and said we needed to conduct the interview over messenger. They refused to connect over phone or video and would only communicate over Google Hangouts chat messenger.

Then, they copied and pasted pieces of the job ad and statements from press releases & Ingredion's website and asked me to respond OK that I had read them. I was not allowed to ask any questions until the end.

I cut the interview short, recognizing this was not a legitimate interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working 100% online?   1 Answer

Global Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Total Disconnect! It always took a few days just to receive any type of reply. If communication up front is this bad, I can't even imagine what it's like on a day to day basis.

Virtual Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ingredion (New York, NY).

Interview

Scam, beware there is a very elaborate scam going on made by individuals that are using this company as a front. I was asked to be a "Virtual Assistant" on AngelList. Do not fall for it!!

Interview Questions

• They sent a series of test task that took two hours to complete. There was to be seven in total.   5 Answers

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submitted a resume online. Called me back within a week and gave me a phone interview about the job applied for. Another week later called and invited me to an on-sight interview and a tour through the Bedford Park plant. Accepted the invitation. They accommodated all my flights to get to Chicago and back. Accommodated a hotel room for me also. Very professional set of two interviews with plant managers. 2 weeks went on after the interview. They called and offered me a position. I accepted.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Over the last 10 years i have been in contact with CPC/Ingredion. Every 6 to 9 months someone would call me to discuss an open position in the organization. I have interviewed at the facility twice and never had any feedback from the interview after visiting the facility for the interview. Every time I interviewed there were different people. The last interview, I was told that I must be older......really!!!!! I got old after interviewing for the last 10 years!!!! Also illegal to discuss age.

Securities Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by scheduled onsite interview with 4 persons. Schedule was for 1 hour with each individual. When I arrived it took 15 minutes to locate the person I was instructed to ask for who then said they had not been informed I was coming. After a one hour phone conference with the first person I spent 15-20 minutes with the next person. I was then told the next person was not available and asked to talk to someone with no relationship to of knowledge of the position being applied for. After 15-20 minutes of this that person went to find the person I had already been told was not available and did locate them in a meeting. Upon returning he offered to try a shuffle the schedules of the last two interviewers by switching the times. He began to make a call to do this and the person I had already spoken with came in again saying the one person was not available and that the last person would call me. He then escorted me out of the building. I found the experience very demeaning and rude.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in leaving my current employer   1 Answer

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ingredion (Bedford Park, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Bus trip and hotel fees were covered. The candidates were invited for an on-site interview at Argo plant. We first had a tour around the plan, and then there were some presentations on the company and safety.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ingredion (Westchester, IL).

Interview

I had three phone interviews over the course of three weeks. The second person I interviewed with forgot about the interview and called 45 minutes late. The last person I interviewed with was not prepared and did not sound like she wanted to be interviewing me. She kept repeating at the end that she had no more questions and have a good weekend. I did not get a rejection call/email. I even emailed the hiring manager two weeks later about the status and heard nothing. This was a horrible interview process.t hey did not ask your basic behavior question, only on what did you in your last job and about my major in college.