Institute for Healthcare Improvement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Institute for Healthcare Improvement Interview Questions

3.1

Temporary Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to schedule a phone screening/interview. We scheduled for the following week and I was called on time, just when we planned. The interviewer was pleasant, had a handful of questions, and took notes on my answers throughout our conversation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation at work and how you found a solution.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement (Cambridge, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was contacted a few days later by someone in HR to set up a phone interview with the person who would be my boss. The phone interview lasted exactly a half hour. I didn't hear anything for about a week, and then I received a email from the HR contact asking me to complete an assignment within 48 hours. The instructions were very vague, and when I asked for more specific instructions they said it was "up to me". The assignment ended up taking about 5 hours. After submitting it, I again didn't hear anything for about a week - at which point HR contacted me again to ask me to come in the following day for an in-person interview. Upon me asking who I was meeting with and how long I should expect to spend there - they informed me I would be meeting with 5 separate people for a half hour each. Everyone was nice and seemed passionate about their job - questions were moderately difficult, but the interview went very well. After completing the interviews I emailed all five individuals to thank them for their time, etc - only one person responded. Two weeks passed following the interviews and I hadn't hear anything. I emailed the hiring manager to ask if I was still being considered - and didn't receive any response. A few days later I emailed two of the HR contacts to ask the same, and still didn't receive any response. Finally six weeks later, a separate person in HR who I'd never been in touch with emailed to ask if I had 15 minutes of time for a quick chat on the status of the search. I was unable to chat and asked if she could update me via email, at which point she let me know that due to the evolving needs of the role, I wasn't a fit.

All in all - very disappointed with IHI's handling of the process. Considering how much time and effort I invested across the phone interview, assignment, and in-person interviews, their lack of response to my emails was completely unprofessional, and unacceptable for that matter. Hopefully this is not a reflection of the entire organization.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about implementing a tactical marketing plan?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the biggest challenges in marketing today?   Answer Question

Institute for Healthcare Improvement Response

Oct 5, 2015 – Senior HR Generalist

Our sincere apologies for a flawed candidate experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are making adjustments to our process as a result. We wish you the very best in all of your ... More

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

I first got a phone call and interviewed briefly about myself and I was told I would be contacted in a couple weeks. Then I got an email week later for an in-person interview. I talked to project manager and a coordinator for about an hour who were both incredibly nice and obviously passionate people. They asked me a lot of behavioral questions and questions regarding conflict and relationship with colleagues. Then a week later I was asked to fill out 5 reference names and they were sent a survey. After a week I was contacted for a third and final round of an interview where I met with more people from the team and HR and spent 2 hours talking more about my background and explaining why I would fit best with the position. A couple later I got a phone call to tell me I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for an interview a week and a half later. The phone screening consisted of basic interview questions. A week later I was asked to come into the office to interview with five different people. There four different 30 min interviews. After these interviews I felt like I knew a lot more about the position and their company. Finally, two weeks later I came in for a final interview with the Director. A week later I got an email to follow up with the status of the position and they said that they found someone with direct experience.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you worked with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. I was expecting to speak to HR, but I was actually called by the person who would be the position's supervisor, which was a pleasant surprise, since I felt we could better discuss the work involved. My interviewer was cordial and pleasant, and let me know that they would get back to me within a few weeks. A month later, they let me know by email that they were pursuing another candidate.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly standard. The first question was what drew me to this position and this project specifically.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from HR to have a phone interview. I was not told who I would interview with so I assumed it was the HR person who contacted me. Instead it was not. It was the hiring manager who launched into questions without introducing herself, position, and role in the hiring process. I only found this out at the end when I could ask questions. I was contacted for an in person interview again without being told who or many people I would meet with. I ended up meeting with 3 separate people. In the 3rd interview I again met with a series of people and was surprised with a timed writing sample.

Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the Staff Accountant position about 1 month ago. Received an email from HR asking me to come in for an interview. Met with HR member, the Sr Accountant and the Controller. Very pleasant and personable people. It was a very enjoyable and exciting interview. I didn't think I would make the cut, but a week later, I received an email asking me to come in for a second interview, which is this week.

Interview Questions

• The HR representative asked me where I saw myself in 15 years. To be honest, that is not even a thought in my mind, but gave the answer, I would give for "Where do I see myself in 10 years?"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with what I thought would be one person (as is the norm) instead I was surprised to be put on speaker phone with multiple people. Not only was it strange but not productive as I could barely hear them as there was background noise and constant interrupting. It reminded me of why I left the non-profit world in the first place. Sometimes their processes can be off and they really don't think things through. In corporate it is common sense: Phone interviews are preliminary screenings; Group interviews are reserved for in-person. By the end of it I knew it was not a place I wanted to work.

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with about 6 individuals total. They are very thorough.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Institute for Healthcare Improvement (Cambridge, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview. The phone interview was very straightforward--I spoke with someone on the potential team that I would be working with and a woman in HR. The in person interview was just with the team that I ultimately joined.