Intelligent Automation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

3.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Intelligent Automation

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation

Interview

Composed of 3 interviews of increasing duration and technical difficulty. No actual live programming, but they will drill you on everything you put on your resume. They seem to be looking for people with diverse backgrounds for this role (physics, mathematics,...)

Interview Questions
  • Describe the details of the PCA algorithm.
    Answer Question

Intelligent Automation

Application

I interviewed at Intelligent Automation

Interview

2-part interview: The first is a basic 20-minute going over of the resume, very easy. For the second part, which was described as "technical" is a presentation of something that you have worked on.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation in Feb 2021

Interview

Had a brief but pretty nice chat with recruiter asking basic questions like if I'm willing to relocate, nothing technical - was a nice person. Then scheduled a video call with project managers and senior devs - very serious people. They asked a massive variety of questions and had high expectations. They asked things like programming language basics/syntax from those listed on my resume, theoretical machine learning questions such as how certain deep learning algos, and details behind projects (if you put math or ml stuff in your project make sure you remember every detail about implementation and theory behind them). They want very strong candidates. Might offer an internship if they're on the fence about you.

Interview Questions
  • How many research papers have you published and number of conferences presented at?

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation in Feb 2021

Interview

Worst experience ever. I have completed all the interview process (1) screening, 2) speaking with the hiring manager, 3) finally onsite with close to 10 people in a single session asking questions about 'their expertise' , without a single person having his/her camera on, 4) reaching out to references). And then? Nothing! They never contacted me again, neither did I. It is so disrespectful and unprofessional to at least let the candidate (you spent hours with) know about your decision. You may choose to move on with another candidate or even may not want to make an offer to any candidate, and this is totally understandable. However, you have to respect any candidate and appreciate their time (and even your time). Given that and after seeing they publish the same job posts again and again, I am not even sure that they want to hire anyone. It feels like they just want to be seen they are a big company and hiring a lot of people or they are looking for someone with the experience of a hands-on professor who is willing to work for less than 90K in DC area.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Do you know all the bla bla and bla bla and bla bla that each of us only have some idea about a part of it?

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation

Interview

2 phone interviews, first was just hr second was with members of the team and a bit more technical. Then onsite interview. This involved 4 or 5 30 minute interview rounds. Except random people were late and rudely coming and and leaving during the interview. It was honestly terrible

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation in Mar 2020

Interview

Brief phone interview with college recruiter to provide information about the company and possible project sectors. Explained the hiring process and what to expect within the following week, Schedule a technical interview with an engineering team for the following week.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation (Washington, DC) in Feb 2020

Interview

Most uncomfortable interview I’ve ever had as a post graduate student. The interview was a two hour experience talking to multiple members of the research scientist team. As a newly college graduate they expect you to have PHD level work when the whole reason for getting a role like this is to get experience while pursuing a PHD. Even if I got offered a position I would not take it because I can tell the work culture here was toxic based on the interview, and subsequent research after the fact.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation

Interview

They set up a time to call, then had a 30 or so minute phone conversation with 2-3 people on the other end asking me questions about my experience and interest. I was invited to have a round of in person interviews where they asked more specific technical questions, as well as gauging my interest in various projects.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation (Rockville, MD) in May 2019

Interview

Phone interview first, face to face interview second. Met with 7 team members over a 2.5 hour long interview time. Toured the office and saw behind the scenes how they use their application. Had plenty of time for questions on both ends and was a very warm and welcoming environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Intelligent Automation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intelligent Automation in Mar 2019

Interview

They checked 3 references before scheduling an interview, which should have been the first red flag. That's not standard operating procedure outside of academia; reference checks are made instead right before a formal offer. Then, the interview was all day, starting with a presentation of your research (which is fine) and then walking around and meeting every team you could possibly end up working with. If that's what the process is going to be, they should post a salary range in the listing so they can be respectful of people's time and use of annual leave. They constantly insultingly referred to social sciences as "soft sciences", were very clear that it is typically a 40+ hour work week with telework discouraged and even longer hours during proposal season, but paradoxically described themselves as "family friendly". I wouldn't have been a good fit for a lot of reasons, but they also balked and acted like it was outrageous when I told them my salary expectations were around $90k or up (which I would have been willing to negotiate from within reason). They keep posting the job, so I'm guessing they haven't figured out that someone who fits this job description can either pretty easily get a GS-12+ government job or command at least $85k from a senior data analyst/junior data scientist role. Maybe they think there's a "soft science" discount? Doesn't seem like they've found anyone willing to offer one to them yet.

Interview Questions
  • There was a lot of interest in which programming language you were familiar with. They seemed to prefer R and Python, many had not heard of SAS or Stata, much less visualization software like Tableau.
1 person found this interview helpful