International Justice Mission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.8

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was first scheduled for a phone interview. Within the week, I was contacted to schedule an in-office interview. The on site interview consisted of six separate interviews with various members of the department.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled unexpected changes in your schedule.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Initially, the applicant will apply online. Internships at International Justice Mission are fairly competitive. In general, you should have pre-existing experience in the field or concentration where you are seeking employment. There is a specified recruiter for all intern and fellow positions through IJM. He is a very pleasant person and takes a genuine interest in each individual. The best part about the interview was that I felt like he wasn't working through a predetermined set of questions. It was very conversational. If you pass this round, you will be passed along to the person who will most likely be your direct report during the course of the internship.

Recruitment Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Arlington, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists of a full day of interviews with a hiring team.. While tiring, the experience was very well-thought-through and enjoyable. The recruiting team pays for transportation of candidates for on-site interviews in the DC area. Candidates meet with a variety of stakeholders throughout the day, including a lunch interview, and joining for the daily all-staff gathering, where the CEO is often present. In my interview process, I was also given a one-hour skills assessment.

DAML Contractor Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Arlington, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Because I was a contractor, the interview process was different than being a FT employee. We interviewed over the phone, reviewed the job description, and if I would be a good fit. Then I met in person with my manager and the team lead to review the process moving forward, signed a contract, and began working. It was efficient.

Interview Questions

• What strengths do you have that will make you a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

They conducted an initial online application, then a phone interview, then another written application. The deadline for their written application felt unfairly too soon, especially because they had not indicated that there would be another written component besides the initial online application. Both written components ended up being fairly length.

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Kolkata (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Five people interviewed me and i had a separate interview with the director on another day. The total process of hiring took a little more than two months. The interviewers were frank and friendly. i was made to feel comfortable and the questions were clear and some were repeated questions from different interviewers. The purpose was to see if i give consistent answers.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Justice Mission in May 2012.

Interview

Three Phone Interviews over 2 and a half months. (Heard back each time after 2-2.5 weeks) Each interview lasted around 1 hour. Interviews went into very specific of the job specifications. I would advise having many specific examples for each job specification. Also, it seems to be much better to have much more experience than they state in their advertisement.

People seemed very nice and friendly.

Office, as many NGOs are, seemed understaffed but trying to do their best.

Will ask you specific questions about your spirituality. Work culture seems to value modesty and similar norms.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your upper level monitoring and evaluation was conducted, your role, and what you would have changed about the process monitoring.   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guntur (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Justice Mission (Guntur (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Site Paid staff. direct appointment n the site with Reference from family and an old staff working in IJM

Interview Questions

• Reason to stay even though less paid   1 Answer

Not bette than IJM

Fundraising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Justice Mission in April 2009.

Interview

Communicated via email. One interview that was 1:1.