International Medical Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.5

Emergency M&E Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth; I did 3 interviews, an initial screening, a generic discussion with the country team and a technical test. The screening lasted 15 minutes and questions were concise yet demanding very technical issues. The interview with the country director was about an hour long and questions were related to a variety of inter-personal, personal, technical and development competences. The technical test lasted about 1h and 40 minutes and was only related to technical issues.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview was easy and it contained the typical M&E questions about setting up an M&E system while dealing with local challenges as well as explanation of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.   Answer Question

Resource Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medical Corps.

Interview

The interview began with a basic phone screening which eventually lead to an on-site interview with a few members from the department team a couple of weeks after. The questions were basic and the interview was fairly easy going. I did notice that the interviewers seemed bored with me before they even asked me questions which leads to believe they already had a candidate in mind and left me with the sense that I wasted almost 2 hours of my time.

Interview Questions

• Both the screening and the following interview were similar in regard to the questions i.e. why are you interested, strengths, weakness etc.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very structured and relevant to the position. The process very long, I was interviewed by multiple people from different office who did not communicate with each other. I was throughly drilled on my knowledge of excel by one interviewer in the DC office. At the time of salary negotiations (LA office) I was asked to take an excel exam. I was told this was to justify my asking salary because they did not know my skill level.

There was clearly a lack of communication between the two offices.

Interview Questions

Salary offered for DC was well below the market.

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

Took about two weeks after you apply, after that you go through a HR screening, with HR screening you are then asked for someone technical to contact you, four days down the road you get contacted and ask technical question.

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Medical Corps in June 2014.

Interview

I was called out of the blue for an interview and so didn't have time to prepare. The questions were all standard interview questions - your strengths/weaknesses, why you want the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all expected, but the timing of the interview was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite pleasant. They were very good about setting phone interviews, and when the second interviewer accidentally missed it, they were quick to apologize and reschedule. Everything was accomplished very professionally and knowledgeably.

Interview Questions

• The questions dealt a lot with my past experiences and how they related to the job at hand. Mostly we just talked, maybe 30% related to the job itself which I was pleasantly surprised by, as I feel like what's important from the interviewers perspective is that the person I work for is someone I can get a long with.   Answer Question

International Medical Corps Response

Mar 2, 2015 – Director, International Human Resources and Recruitment

Dear prospective candidate- Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and for your interest with International Medical Corps, it's very helpful to hear and learn of your experience. We do hope ... More

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Medical Corps.

Interview

There was really nothing remarkable about the interview process. The standard questions were asked: what is your experience in program management? Tell me about your conflict management skills? What have you done in terms of reporting and which donors have you worked with? Have you worked with proposal development. Very generic questions. However, as this was a field position, I had the entire interview conducted in the working language.

I was really caught off guard by the interviewer, who seemed rushed or uninterested. I honestly did not think that I would make it to the second round! He asked me if I had any questions regarding the organization, and I asked for more details about the structure, after which he chuckled and said that I didn't really get the way IMC worked (this was my first interview, and no organizational chart was available online). The second question I asked was about the activities, and he said "voila!" like I had asked the "correct" question. Then after he answered the question, said "nice talking to you" and quickly hung up. No "do you have any other questions?" or explanation of the next steps. i was left very confused.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, I had to fill out the USAID bio-data sheet which I was told determined my starting salary.

I was disappointed to find out how inflexible HR was in terms of starting dates. I had requested 6 weeks due to traveling that i had already planned, in order to allow me to give my employer time to start the recruiting process and me time to pack up to move to another continent (I was working abroad, and didn't have time to go home before this next assignment in a different continent). Basically, I was told take it or leave it. Ironically, I later talked to another employee at HQ who had negotiated a 2-3 month delay in her start date. Also, when I arrived and found out that there was no urgency in my position (the previous person had left months ago and the role still wasn't well defined), I was quite upset that HR wasn't more flexible in negotiating this point.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied for a position online, the head of the department reached out to me. Did a phone screening and then met with the team for an in-person check-up half way through the project.

Interview Questions

• 1) Are you able to complete the project, 2) What would be the timeframe to do complete and 3) How many hours are you able to commit?   Answer Question

Various Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

If you are already employed by the company, the interviews tend to be a mere formality. They value that you know and won't question the questionable systems and hierarchy more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Project Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at International Medical Corps (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Met three of IMC's Executive Officers. We sat around a table, and discussed IMC's need and my capacity to do those expectations. I thought it went very well, given my previous background experience and what IMC was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Details on my work history background, and how I could best do the job working both at Headquarters and overseas. Nancy Oessey was a dictator, she ran show for the headquarter staff of approx. 8 at that time, with the same amount working overseas at his its work sites in the developing world or those countries facing political / military friction. I was able to answer all the questions asked, while asking them of their revenue for field work, what kinds for work activities they preform, what countries are they working in, and how the logistically, and financially provide for their programs, means of transportation, and housing. A content employee, is a good employee in what they do! Thank you.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? My capacity to lead/assist the overseas work positions in each of their Missions, Goals, Objectives, and Activities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

NO. Another answer to a when the interview took place was in 1993.