International Rescue Committee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 292 of over 292 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at International Rescue Committee

International Rescue Committee

Application

I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

Average interview with many different situational questions. Difficult to be an unpaid intern and expect them to drive people around. Would need to be compensated some how. They also don’t do a good job of letting you know you didn’t get the position.

Interview Questions
  • Situational questions. Many what would you dos
    Answer Question

International Rescue Committee

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

Process was very quick and was in three stages: (1) interview with the HR focal point, (2) interview with the hiring manager, (3) technical test which included developing a communications strategy. The technical test was what you would expect based on the job description, and resembled very closely the actual work done on the job when I finally started the role.

Interview Questions
  • How do you manage a project with multiple stakeholders and make sure it is completed on time.

Application

Interview

After 2 weeks, I was invited to a 2h written test that was fairly straightfoward. About a week after, I had the interview. The panel was very friendly, the interview lasted about 40 mins, with some harder questions thrown in with more standard ones.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? How do you deal with stress? What part of the job would you find most challenging? How do you maintain good working relations with colleagues?

International Rescue Committee

Application

I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

It was a standard structure for interview (personal connection to the cause, skillsets, what if scenarios and conversation afterwards. I was interviewed by friendly interviewers and gave insight into the position.

Interview Questions
  • Personal connection to refugee/asylee advocacy, skillset, and some what-if scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview. (Remote due to the COVID 19 pandemic). The interviewer was very friendly and willing to support my career interests with the various placement opportunities.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

International Rescue Committee

Application

I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

I submitted application. And got an email to proceed to the next stage which was virtual interview using zoom. But I withdrew my application as I got another opportunity at the other organization.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

International Rescue Committee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

One initial, virtual interview with one person which lasted about 30 minutes. The questions were about my background and what I was hoping to get out of the internship (what my research focus is). I heard back about a week after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What humanitarian crisis do you think is underreported in the news?

Application

Interview

Many steps to the interview process, as is custom with larger companies. You will need 5 references compared to the customary 2-3 references most postings ask for. The process also includes a timed assignment, so as long as you use your time carefully, you should be fine.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked very standard interview questions, nothing quite stood out.
2 people found this interview helpful

International Rescue Committee

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

Spoke on the phone with people from two different departments. Very friendly and passionate people; open about job responsibilities and willing to incorporate personal goals and preferences into determining tasks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

International Rescue Committee

Application

I interviewed at International Rescue Committee

Interview

I spoke first with the recruiter and then had my first virtual interview. I was then called a week later and we set up a secondary interview. Afterward, I never heard back. They completely ghosted me. I understand that ghosting in the interview process happens, but I was very far in the interview process and it would have been nice to have them at least extend the courtesy of a generic email.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 292 Interviews