International Rescue Committee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at International Rescue Committee

2.6

Community Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was an intern for a year and a half before interviewing for this position. The first interview was an in-person interview with the office's ED which was a fairly straightforward conversation about the organization and interest in the position. The second round consisted of an assignment due before the actual interview (newsletter article and fundraising proposal), and an interview with the ED plus two of the office's program managers.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was asked during the second round in relation to my fundraising proposal. Should you be in a similar position, come prepared to answer questions on every aspect of your proposal.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Three rounds: First an introductory phone interview with recruiter, then an in person interview with program manager and director, and final interview was with more of the team. Interview questions were pretty standard and the team was very flexible working with my schedule. Interviewers made me feel comfortable after informally chatting for ~5 min before getting into interview questions.

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (New York, NY).

Interview

Well arranged interview process. It took about 2.5 hours with four people with different roles. But they did not give any feedback after the interview. I was wondering if they did need any person at that moment.

Social Work Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee in April 2014.

Interview

Short phone interview that asked about my interest in the position and past professional experience. Was connected to the position through my university and placed by my program. I was interviewed by my future supervisor.

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee.

Interview

I applied to the position through the IRC website. Two-and-a-half months later I was invited to interview with a senior recruiter. The interview was a 30-minute phone call during which I was asked to confirm some of the information from my application, provide answers to some behavioral questions, and provide my salary expectations.

One month after the interview with the senior recruiter, I was asked to interview with one of the senior staff that I would be working with should I receive and accept the offer. The interview was a 45-minute Skype interview. The first few minutes consisted of introductions and a few behavioral questions. The next and longest portion of the interview was a case study based on a real issue the organization had faced in the past. The final portion was reserved for questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• What are three skills you would bring to the position, and what are two skills you'd like to build?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee in August 2010.

Interview

it was a one on one interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room to negotiate

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Clear communications, professional, flexible timing, open to questions, can email with additional questions. Can ask more about career development and professional growth at organization. Pleased with recruiter and hiring manager involvement.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then had one phone screening, then about a week later I went to an in person interview with a very nice woman in human resources. It was overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How is your background useful for this internship position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

My interview was very low stress, comfortable and welcoming. It felt more conversational and was a very positive and progressive conversation about getting to know me, my experience, and goals.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at International Rescue Committee (San Diego, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

It was a low-stress and comfortable. I was interviewed by a woman who was welcoming and made the tone conversational and positive. I was asked some questions about my experience and goals.