Interstate Batteries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.5

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Lansing, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview. They called me in response to my online application, and proceeded to determine whether I was qualified for the job opening or not.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my current job status, and my job experience. and how much money I was making at my current job.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries in June 2017.

Interview

It's really easy . no drug test. I hope you can spot a snake in the grass. Owner from Tyler Texas promised you the world feeds you all kinds of promises and you never get anything. He promised me that he takes care of his own. My God child died and he wouldn't even let me go to the funeral. Said he was a family man and believes in family but won't let you go to your own child's birthday nor funeral. HE IS A LIER. They don't even offer any kind of benifits. You have to buy your own shirts.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I had a phone interview and the recruiter was very friendly. I felt completely comfortable about it.

Franchise Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries.

Interview

The process is long and the position description can change to a lower level position dependent on the salary offered.

Step 1 screened by a recruiter
    Step 2 phone interview with the hiring manager
    Step 3 in person interview with 3-5 people
    Step 4 informal interview with a larger group

This varied by department and by position

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries.

Interview

Rather not say as this would identify the person writing the review. I don't think the interview process is relevant to my overall review of the company, the management and my opinions. Overall the interview process was average. Skype interview with phone interviews with potential managers and department members.

Program Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initially I received a call from a recruiter who asked several questions over the phone and was very nice. Later that afternoon I received an e-mail scheduling an in person interview. The parking garage was a little complicated to find, but overall not too bad. The interview process itself lasted almost 4 hours with 5 different people. Everyone was very friendly and helpful and answered any questions I could come up with. The office was very inviting.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful situation?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries.

Interview

Asked basic behavioral questions, met with recruiter and manager and they asked questions based on the position and my skills, asked about previous employers and experience and job duties I had at each location, was offered position on the spot and got lucky

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Very unprofessional as I assume the phone call I got from a company talent group member was the interview. I was not asked if it was good time talk/interview nor did I receive an email indicating the interview would be via phone. Very few questions were asked and they clearly didn't know I was a former employee recently let go due to job eliminations. I received a "thanks but no thanks" email after the fact.

Interview Questions

• what salary range are you looking for   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process is lengthy yet thorough.
    I did a telephone interview with a recruiter who was very informative and gave a wonderful overview of the company, culture, and values.

I was given a call to come in an interview with a Sr. Executive, which went really well. Though I wasn't given a call back on that role, the recruiter kept me on her radar.

2 weeks later, the recruiter called about another role, so I came in and interviewed with 2 of the Sr. Executives and it was great and I took away alot and knew exactly what they needed.

2 weeks after that, I was emailed to come back for a lunch interview, again very thorough, this time, it was more relaxed which helps when getting to know people better.

2 weeks from that lunch interview, came back and interviewed with 2 other employees that worked in the division, and that interview I received alot more insight as to the needs and the work style of the executives.

2 weeks from that point, I received the call that I got the role!

I am happy that they don't make rushed decisions and I am happy I stuck it out with the interviews and processes

Route Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Interstate Batteries (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

Interview with Assistant location Manager, took about 30-45 Min. Called back for second interview with Location Mgr. & Assist. Location Mgr. I asked about Salary & Benefits, they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you expect this to be a job or Career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, they said what the position paid With Commission on sales.