Intrepid Pursuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview ,The phone Interview was less than 30 min.
    She asked me if I can work outside Boston said no she told me that the position is in Chicago evenI applied for the position in Boston

Interview Questions

• What technology have you learned ?
      Tell about your self
      What you know about the company ?
      Are you able to work outside Boston ?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weakness?   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial their is a phone screening with the recruiter. If you move on from their you will interview over the phone with a developer with code sharing software, next an on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Given 3 integers how do you find the middle number?   3 Answers

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone interview a technical phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview included answering a series of general technical concepts and remote white boarding. You are to write code to solve problems while the interviewers watch you type. An onsite interview is then scheduled. This interview is broken down into three technical interviews and one general interview. The technical interviews include both a discussion of general concepts and white boarding.

Interview Questions

• Describe MVC and how it is implemented in Ruby on Rails.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no room for negotiation with the apprentice program.

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Cambridge, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly asked to come in to interview in person. When I came in they were completely unprepared for me, but had me rotate through a few people anyway. I let it go, but definitely got the sense that they were not sure what position they were hiring for at what level. They asked me to come in a gain for half a day. I had the time to do it, so I accepted.

The second round of interviews were no different. Unprepared, not on the same page as far as the position, and generally a waste of time.

Finally, I received a call from their hiring manager, who indicated that I wasn't the best fit. Then, strangely, asked me what salary I expected. They scoffed at the number (it was not unreasonable) and then proceeded to offer me the position at a much lower salary. When I declined, I was asked to reach back out to them to let them know what salary I eventually was able to get. No, thanks.

Pretty unprofessional all around.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that stands out. Their designers and developers were pleasant and well meaning, and asked typical softball questions.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in a day after I applied online asking for my availability. Thats it, she never responded back. I left multiple emails trying to contact her but got no response. I genuinely liked what the company was doing but looks like recruiting team is not their best point.

Interview Questions

• there was no interview, so can't put down any questions.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Three stage interview process. First you have the HR round, then a technical phone interview, along with an onsite. The phone interview was not bad. However, after looking at some of the glassdoor reviews, and then speaking to HR... it occurred to me that this company does not really promote a culture that I want to be a part of. More specifically, the way this company is run, encourages favoritism (which is one of hte main complaints from employees working there). I never ended up showing up to the on-site interview of this (it's a three hour drive each way, it's not worth going, if I know I don't want the job because of the favoritism and Brogrammer Culture).

Interview Questions

• 1) What are the advantages/ disadvantages of dynamic memory allocation
      2) Implement a queue without using malloc
      3) What do you need to be carefull of when dealing with interrupts   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got the email from HR few days later. Arrange the first 30 min phone screen with HR, I talked about my background and she told me about the company . Few days later got the second 30 min technical interview, the first part was about my past experience and project, the second part is a programming question. A few days later, they told me not moving forward to the next round. I should start run the test cases myself.The people are all very nice, I can feel the culture very nice when I met the people at the job fair.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits.

Interview

From the start of the process, communication was very good. At each step whether on phone or in-person, all interviewers took the time to explain what the company does and how they each individually fit it. All interviewers was professional and easy to speak with. The process felt more like a conversation about a partnership than an interview

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward in a good way. No one dropped any "gotcha" questions to try and trip you up. All conversations were positive.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interview process was straightforward and quick. They were very accommodating and willing to answer all my questions about the company and role. Knowledgeable about their fields and open to honest discussion. Seems like a great place to work based on employee feedback and the benefits/pay.

Interview Questions

• What is something your current employees would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in November 2017.

Interview

Almost interviewed. Following up on the resume I sent, the recruiter emailed me stating "We were very interested in your skills and background" and request a day/time for us to further discuss to which I responded promptly with a couple of day/time options. Since I didn't hear for a couple of day after that, I emailed and asked her if we should reschedule for a later time. She replied 3 days later apologizing, saying she was away and was trying to catch up. She asked if I would be available the following week. I wrote back saying "no problem" and provided a new time/day for us to talk which she agreed to. Today was the day we were supposed to discuss the position. She never called.

While I understand unforeseen events can happen, why not let the other person know or at least apologize for having missed the meeting? I have put aside my activities, my work for this call. Very disappointing to know that a company who have such rave reviews would allow their recruiters to handle the interview process so poorly. Needless to say that I am no longer interested.