Intrepid Pursuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intrepid Pursuits Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me in a day after I applied online asking for my availability. Thats it, she never responded back. I left multiple emails trying to contact her but got no response. I genuinely liked what the company was doing but looks like recruiting team is not their best point.

Interview Questions

• there was no interview, so can't put down any questions.   Answer Question

Communications Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was three steps. Step one was an phone screening with a recruiter. Step two was a phone interview with the Director of Marketing. Step three was when they brought me into their office, where I interviewed with three different employees. They got back to me a week later. No offer, but the process was fast and the communication between them was on point.

Apprentice IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Cambridge, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

First let me say that it is my belief that it was my age (I'm just over 50) that was the reason I was passed over for the apprenticeship and was treated the way I was treated.

First, a brief background. I have worked with Macs for many years, repairing the hardware and helping clients with OS X and IOS issues. My business took a hit as the mac hardware became less and less repairable, so two years ago I went back to college to validate knowledge I already had and to fill in any gaps in that knowledge with the view to getting a job in networking - security, systems administration etc. I maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA through all my courses. In the spring of 2017 I took a course in introductory IOS programming. (I already had some Java and Python experience) I fell in love with Swift and xCode and even turned in 2 final projects, one which was the very basic app that was assigned and the other which was the app with all the functionality and features you would expect from a professional app.

My professor was very impressed and told me about the apprenticeship program at Intrepid which takes in computer savvy applicants with some programming experience and a strong interest in IOS development and works with them "Code Camp"style to turn them into junior IOS developers. I was a perfect fit she said and if I was interested she had a friend who was the IOS director and she would give me a strong recommendation for the program. I said I was very interested and so she contacted her friend and made the recommendation.

I sent them my resume and was soon contacted to set up a phone interview. This was a simple screening call and it was scheduled and confirmed for 6/21/17 at 11:30am. It would last about 30 minutes and they would call me.

The day came and I sat by the phone from 11:00am till nearly 1:00pm. No call came. I sent an email to the person conducting the interview asking if they wanted to reschedule and got no reply. I emailed again in case they hadn't received my first one but still nothing.

After 5 days I finally emailed the IOS director who had been my initial contact and asked what happened.

He said that things were busy and that was most likely what happened. (Really? Too busy to even send a brief email?)

The woman who'd set up the initial interview emailed the next day and after a brief apology set up another appointment for the screening interview.

This time she did call but the interview lasted all of 10 - 15 minutes and it was painfully obvious that she was just going through the motions. She said she would call by the end of the week and let me know what they'd decided. No call ever came.

I believe that at some point between their enthusiastic emails setting up the first interview and the time of that actual interview itself someone figured out my age from the dates that I was in high school. (My birthdate was not on my resume) This is the reason no one called. They couldn't be bothered once they knew how old I was. Writing to the IOS director got me that sad excuse for a screening interview that followed.

Interview Questions

• General questions about past employment, programming interests, and the like. My interview was likely shorter than usual. YMMV There were no skill questions as the next step was to be a technical interview.   1 Answer

Web Developer Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits.

Interview

Applied through their website. First was a phone screen and then after that step was a technical screen using a codeshare with one of their developers. After that, they will fly you out to do an onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Given a base and a height return the area of a triangle.   1 Answer

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial their is a phone screening with the recruiter. If you move on from their you will interview over the phone with a developer with code sharing software, next an on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Given 3 integers how do you find the middle number?   3 Answers

Web Developer Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had two phone screens. The first with the hiring manager was the usual basic questions: describe your experiences, how did you get into programming, etc. The second was a technical phone screen that was partly online through codeshare. Very basic questions.

However, even though I answered the second question correctly (in 4 lines of code), they wanted me to redo it in an overly-complex manner. When I had completed it, they tried to point out that it was incorrect. I had to point out to them in return that I had indeed done it correctly. The response was pretty much 'Oh.' It seemed like they were looking for something very specific for the answer and, even though I got the answer right using two different ways, it wasn't exactly what they wanted and thus didn't accept my answers.

Interview Questions

• Given an input of a radius, return the area of a circle.   1 Answer
    • Reverse an array without using the reverse method.   Answer Question
    • Reverse an array without using the reverse method, without using a second array, and without duplicating any of the values.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Three stage interview process. First you have the HR round, then a technical phone interview, along with an onsite. The phone interview was not bad. However, after looking at some of the glassdoor reviews, and then speaking to HR... it occurred to me that this company does not really promote a culture that I want to be a part of. More specifically, the way this company is run, encourages favoritism (which is one of hte main complaints from employees working there). I never ended up showing up to the on-site interview of this (it's a three hour drive each way, it's not worth going, if I know I don't want the job because of the favoritism and Brogrammer Culture).

Interview Questions

• 1) What are the advantages/ disadvantages of dynamic memory allocation
      2) Implement a queue without using malloc
      3) What do you need to be carefull of when dealing with interrupts   Answer Question

Android Appentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

good , the first round was talking to a HR , asking about some basic question, and the second was talking to a tech guy, ask me to programming on a link they gave.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got the email from HR few days later. Arrange the first 30 min phone screen with HR, I talked about my background and she told me about the company . Few days later got the second 30 min technical interview, the first part was about my past experience and project, the second part is a programming question. A few days later, they told me not moving forward to the next round. I should start run the test cases myself.The people are all very nice, I can feel the culture very nice when I met the people at the job fair.

Android Apprentice Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I Applied online in the end of May, and the interview process started in early June. It starts with a phone screening in which I was asked by HR about my background and experiences. I originally applied for Android developer position, however because of lack of industrial experience, HR recommended me to switch to Apprentice program which is for fresh graduates. Then she arranged me a 30-min technical phone interview. During the call he asked me two questions with remote white-boarding, and one question just for ideas without real coding. After two days I received their invitation to a onsite interview in their Boston office. The onsite consist of 3 one-on-one technical interview each about 45 min long. Each interviewer asked two questions for white boarding. The overall experience is very positive, and the people are nice to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Simple ones such as Invert a string and then invert a string in-place, valid parentheses etc.   Answer Question
    • There was a design question which I never exposed to, got me struggled so much and I can't remember the details...   Answer Question