Intrepid Pursuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.7

Android Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from an in-house recruiter. After that, a coding challenge over the phone in a shared text editor. Last part of the interview process is a 3-hour on-site interview with back to back to back DS + A questions. Never got a response from the company after 2 follow up emails and a month plus of time waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse words in a String while keeping punctuations in place.
      2. Implement compare method and compare two Strings.
      3. Given an array of 5 integers, write a method to see if the sum of two numbers in array is equal to 10.   Answer Question

Web Developer Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process itself was typical. I thought I was average on the interview, but they immediately rejected me, but did not explain why. I know there were some questions I could have answered better, but I would like more transparency in their process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intrepid?   1 Answer

Sales Support Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in March 2018.

Interview

I was looking forward to the interview process. I applied online and received an email the next day asking for availability for a call with the recruiter. I responded with times I was available the next day. I did not hear back for 2 days and they scheduled a call for the next week. The recruiter did not call me at the scheduled time, however I received an email 30 minutes later saying she was pulled into a meeting and hoped to reschedule. They somehow could not fit a 15-20 min phone conversation in until another week went by, now 2 weeks since the initial email.
    The conversation with the recruiter went great and I was very enthusiastic about the position as it seemed to align greatly with what I am looking for. I heard back the next day
     (Friday) saying they wanted to schedule another phone conversation with an Account Manager and I replied saying I could be available anytime. On Monday I received an email saying they had filled the position.
    Would have been nice if the recruiting team moved a bit faster so I had a chance with the other applicants. It seemed like a great opportunity I unfortunately missed out on.

Interview Questions

• Typical phone screen - background, what type of position you're looking for, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their online system, and was contacted to set up a phone screen. I sent my available times, but it still took sometime for the recruiter to get back to me and confirm a time.
    After the phone screen, a technical phone screen with a developer was set up. I was ask to code the solution to two problems.
    From there an onsite interview was set up. I met three developers, they were very friendly and made me feel relaxed. The first interviewer just asked basic questions about my resume, work history, and project. I was also asked a few react and redux questions.
     The second interviewer asked some general questions regarding RESTful APIs, personal experiences, and gave me a whiteboard challenge on Entity Relationship diagram, that basically involved taking a short prompt and white boarding the database relationships, HTTP routes,and URLs.
    The final interview was white boarding the solution to two algorithm problems and talking a bit about my background and experiences.

I was told I would know in a week if I was going to receive an offer or not. I received an email on Monday saying a decision had been made and was ask to schedule a phone call for the net day. I sent my available times and received no call the next day. Finally, on Wednesday the recruiter called and told me they decided no. My overall experience interviewing with intrepid was pretty good up until that point. I feel as though the recruiter could have said in the initial email on Monday that they had decided not to move forward and ask if I wanted to schedule a phone call to hear feedback as to why, rather than have me stress for 2 nights, just to call and tell me its a no.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that converts a string input of standard time to military time.   1 Answer
    • Write a function that works like the javascript .join() method.   1 Answer

Web Developer Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in February 2018.

Interview

After submitting an application, I received a request to phone screen where I was asked what I know about Intrepid, and why I'm interested in the apprentice role. A few days after the phone screening, I was contacted to set up a technical phone screening with a developer. I was given 30 minutes to solve two coding challenges on Codepad.

Interview Questions

• 1. Given a radius, write a function that calculates the area of a circle.
      2. Give a string input with a time format of '5:30 PM', change the input to military time.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Cambridge, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

After submitted resume through online system, I was contacted to set up a phone screen. However, the recruiter didn't call and subsequently emailed me with the explanation of "latest meeting was running out". I was rescheduled to the following week, which was already two weeks after initial email contact.

After the phone screen, a technical phone screen with a developer was set up. The problem discussed during it was very fundamental. Here is the question: given a sentence, find out if it contains all letters from a-z. Hint: they are specifically looking for set.

From then an onsite interview was set up. I met three developers, they are very friendly and made the conversation very easy. Three white board challenges were ask first. I did't remember, but I can assured anyone that the difficulty is super easy. If you think any easy level question on leetcode or hack rank is easy, then questions they asked will be super super easy.

The second interviewer asked some general questions regarding to RESTful api, personal experiences, reactjs vs nodejs, academic projects, stuff like that, nothing unapproachable. Finally, I was given test on Entity Relationship diagram, which I didn't expect. I was honest and told the interviewer that I haven't work with it for a long time, but she understood and went over first two problems as warm up with me. After that, I solved the rest without any hard time (we skipped a few due to running out of time).

I wish they could tell me that ER diagram is a major component ahead of the interview, since this piece of information is not given at any source.

I was told a feedback will be given within a week, but nothing came at all, even after I sent a following up email. I finally received a feedback from the recruiter, and it is so obvious that the recruiter is super reluctant to tell me that no offer was given, and she refused to share any feedback (which is understandable). I really think the recruiting team should treat its candidates better, even someone is not selected, a voluntary email of decision is a respect.

Interview Questions

• Given n people, find total number of pairs can be formed.   1 Answer
    • Which one is better, react.js vs node.js?   Answer Question
    • How do you test api to make sure its correctly working?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a phone interview ,The phone Interview was less than 30 min.
    She asked me if I can work outside Boston said no she told me that the position is in Chicago evenI applied for the position in Boston

Interview Questions

• What technology have you learned ?
      Tell about your self
      What you know about the company ?
      Are you able to work outside Boston ?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I was given a phone interview and talked about what I know about Intrepid Pursuits and why I want to work there. The phone interview lasted about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Intrepid Pursuits?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter. She was very pleasant and asked me the basic questions. From there, a technical interview was conducted with a senior QA engineer. He seemed like a nice guy. Nothing really challenging was discussed.

I was then brought into the office for a round of in person interviews. I met with 8 people total for a total of 6 hours. It was a long day.

The first person I interviewed with was the same person who had phone screened me. He seemed a little socially awkward, but this is a tech company and that’s kind of par for the course. At one point he stated that he had already asked me all the technical stuff in the phone screen but felt like he needed to ask me a technical question just to say that he did. He then asked me to explain in detail how I would test something completely unrelated to software. Which, given my background was fine. However he was upset that my answer wasn’t what he was looking for. However the points he raised weren’t really valid as, having years of manufacturing experience, I can confidently say that the test approach I would have taken was industry standard. But, this was a software testing job and that wasn’t a big concern to me.

After him I met with the other two senior members of the QA team individually. This was followed by lunch with three of the junior members of the Qa team.

This was interesting. One member of the team was asking me about my experiences in the financial industry because she was interested in a position at another company and wanted to know what it was like working in that environment. This was odd to me. Weren’t they trying to learn about me and see if I’d be a fit for Intrepid Pursuits.

After this lunch, I met with a project manager and a lead IOS developer. Both of them were great and seemed very nice.

I did not take a position at Intrepid pursuits. My overall impression of the company was good. However specifically I felt the QA team was lacking. The three senior QA members seemed less qualified than I’d expect. The junior members were very junior. It’s not a situation I think I’d have enjoyed working in.

User Experience Design Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intrepid Pursuits in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process for me took about 2 months.

The initial phone call was a basic phone screen with the recruiter. When the time came, the recruiter had to reschedule for later in the day. The second step was a phone call with a designer, going over my portfolio and resume. Next step was a take home design assessment. The recruiter must’ve been working hard because she frequently sent me emails around midnight.

For the final step they flew me in for an on-site interview. What took place was three back to back interviews primarily going over my portfolio, design assessment, and general questions . I was told from the recruiter that I would hear back within a week. I was never followed up with despite sending a follow up email. For the time and effort spent, I think it’s poor etiquette to not dignify a response.

Interview Questions

• If you had to build any dream mobile, what would you build?   Answer Question