Investor Group Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Investor Group Services

Associate (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investor Group Services (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university. The interview was an hour long, split into a 30 minute fit interview and a 30 minute case interview. The interviewers were very kind and helped facilitate a discussion during the case. The case involved market sizing, some number crunching, and operational questions. The follow-up after the interview was swift. Overall, it was a very positive interview process.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investor Group Services in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through corporate recruiting, on campus interview. One half hour case study, one half hour fit interview. Case was very straight forward, both interviewers were very kind and nice. There were no surprise questions, very standard. What do we do, why IGS, why consulting, why did you pick your major.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Investor Group Services in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through an online job posting and was contacted about a week later for a phone screen. Later went in for a first round with 2 people (one behavioral interview and one marketing sizing case). Invited back for a final round with 6 people total (2 behavioral interviews, 2 marketing sizing cases, and lunch with 2 associates). The cases weren't difficult. Overall, I got a good impression of most people I interviewed with. I did get the sense that I was overqualified and not a good "culture" fit based on my lunch with the associates who seemed quite sheltered and spent most of the time talking about college/drinking. I ended up waiting about a month for a response.

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investor Group Services (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a quick phone call in which they asked my qualifications and to explain my past roles a little. The entire process lasted about 20 minutes and they had decided fairly quickly, which leads me to believe they had decided prior to calling me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Investor Group Services (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Did a phone screen first, then was invited to the office for a short case interview - very standard, only one case, and not that difficult. Then was asked to send in my college transcript, and did not move on after that stage. The people at the office seemed nice but it didn't seem like a fun place to work - everyone in their cubicle and sectioned off from each other. They did say they were about to move to a new office though.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Investor Group Services in January 2013.

Interview

Applied through college career services. Interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. The interview was split into two parts-- a case interview and a personal background interview. The case was to size the market for decorative pillows in the US. The second part of the interview consisted of standard background questions-- experience working in a team, why want to work at IGS etc.

Interview Questions

• No questions were unexpected-- maybe the most difficult was describing my biggest weakness and how I've worked to overcome it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Investor Group Services (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

1st round- phone interview; 2nd round- 2 in-office interviews, (one case study and one fit interview); 3rd round- meal with 2 associates, 1 case interview, 4 fit interviews

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Investor Group Services in April 2011.

Interview

I e-mailed a resume and cover letter to the director of HR at the company, a very nice lady. She told me that she was interested in having me work there and would like me to come to the office to look around. The second interview was more informational and really is just a confirmation that you are committed to do the work, so once you get an offer to come in, you should be fine.