Iris Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Iris Interview Questions

Interviews at Iris

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Iris (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for the internship through my school. Was very pleasant. They went through my submitted portfolio. Offered critiques and asked questions about the work. They took about a week to get back to me after the initial application.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this art direction choice?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Iris (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent over my information along with a description. It took about a week or so and I was asked to schedule an interview. From there, we scheduled a time and I met with the team. It was very laid back and comfortable. After a few more weeks I was asked to accept the internship.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Iris (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with people manager and prospective supervisor on account team.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iris (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied for position online, got a phone call to come in for an interview day by HR. The interview day lasted 6-7 hours consisted of a group project, presentation, and a one on one interview. There was 7 other candidates that were in my group. I thought everything went we'll with a great presentation and interview. I was told I would hear a decision the week after my interview, since I was there for that long. Never heard back from anyone in the company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iris (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initially, there was a phone interview. (Don't forget to write a thank you note). Then I was invited to meet in-person one time before an offer was shared. I met with several members of the team for 1-1.5 hours total.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Iris.

Interview

Interview process is thorough, but not too tough. They are looking to see if you are a cultural fit for the agency along with having the skills for the job. First interview is over the phone with HR, then there are 1-2 interviews with your manager and other team members. Final stage is a presentation. You are given a brief and a few days to put a presentation together. It's fun, and is a great way to show how you think.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part is the presentation in the final round.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Application

I interviewed at Iris in January 2017.

Interview

Had two very strong interviews with the hiring manager and another member of the creative team. Went so well that by the second interview, the hiring manager actually hugged me when I came in. For my final round, they asked me to put together a presentation in response to an RFP. The presentation was pushed back several times. When I finally did come in to present, the hiring manager seemed disinterested. It felt like a 180 from where we were just weeks previous. After the interview, I wrote to their HR team to check in and was told they would be deciding by the end of the week. It's been two weeks and I never heard from anyone. Seems very unprofessional to me to have someone go through two rounds of interviews and spend hours on a fully researched and complex deck just to ignore them without even a thank you for their efforts. Thankfully, I found an incredible job, but thought the way things ended with Iris was quite unfortunate.

Support Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Iris (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It started with a phone a phone interview and then there were two interviews, each with two separate people so I met with four people in total. very quick interviews

Interview Questions

• asked about organizational and people skills   1 Answer

Strange Experience Interview

Interview

The most successful companies utilize the best attributes from a combination of both younger and older employees. I noticed Iris Nation was very heavy on the former. I have no idea if this was a factor in my interview experience.

Their description had been somewhat eclectic, and I composed a cover letter with an appropriately matching tone. I had a successful phone interview, and I was scheduled for a follow-up on location the next week. Perhaps their demeanor didn't match the attire and office decor, but I detected an unusual energy. I had no pauses, and thoroughly answered every question. Immediately upon entering the elevator, I whipped out a mirror to check for blatant wardrobe or hair malfunctions, and I looked fine. The oddness may have had absolutely nothing to do with me at all.

I sent a thank-you letter and supplied availability if they wanted to bring me in for the next phase. I heard nothing either way.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Iris in September 2010.

Interview

I went to an face to face interview with Appu Ponnusamy and Hans Sabastian at their Singapore office. During the interview, I was told many lies and stories which I think were either untrue or totally made up. This can severely affect the reputation of the agency.

The interviewers acted unprofessionally which put their personal integrity into doubt. Below is the whole story:

During the interview, I was given an offer for which I tried to negotiate, because we couldn't reach an agreeable role and amount of money, I was given 3 days by Appu and Hans to think about it. They said once I agreed, there will be a second round interview. Three days later, I messaged Appu and said I accepted their offer and withdraw my extra demand. Appu said he will proceed.

At the meantime, I had several other job offers, because I personally know Appu and Hans, so I believed their words based on mutual trust. Because my other job offers are put on hold, I contacted Appu the second time by calling him, he said in a relaxing tone that he was trying to arrange another talk and told me not to worry. I waited for another two days, and contacted him the last time, he still told me not to worry.

Due to the fact that I have been holding the other party for so long, the offer was withdrawn, and I didn't get any news from Appu or Hans anymore.

Now I am lucky that I got another offer from a company I like, so I can't be bothered to be angry with them since I got a job I want.

A week after, coincidentally, my colleague joined Iris Digital. I didn't ask him about the job, but he told me the whole process. I was really shocked by things he told me. During my interview, I asked for a position, which according to Hans, was not available. But my friend got it. And he had exactly the same years of experience as me, which according to my interview with Hans, was not enough to get the position according to Iris hiring policy. So I am wondering now,

a. why the same policy can be used differently on two persons with the same years of experience?
    b. if a position is not available, why can someone get it?

I can't describe the anger I have with the two of them. If it's too much trouble to make phone calls to the people you've interviewed, at least send an email. Any form of communication is better than nothing.

Candidates have a responsibility not to get all excited and hopeful until there's something concrete and definite to get excited and hopeful about, but the hiring manager should curtail her enthusiasm about an "outstanding" candidate and not mislead her or offer false and premature encouragement.

I am a straight talker, if they have any issues about me getting the job, they should be frank during the interview, not to lie and distort the company policy and background to fool interviewees.
    I seriously doubt they are qualified to conduct any interview or to manage any people under any circumstances.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very bad, I was told many stories about the company that are totally confusing and unture, and the worst part is after I accepted the offer, I got silent treatment from them.