Irving Oil Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Bellingham, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I didn't know what to expect. I had a very rude phone call from the now former manager who was swearing at me to tell me not to slack off if he hired me. I went in thinking I could deny the position or have a waiting period before a first shift. Instead, the interview was my first shift without knowing it. The manager was very rude and just threw a shirt at me. There were no questions or anything. I knew they were desperate, but this was very unpleasant.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil.

Interview

Took approximately one month, three interviews, and one presentation in front of company leadership to secure an offer.

Negotiation

they have budgeted a range and cannot go outside that. I made some additional requests and they were granted

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through school, invited for the interview. Met with a member of the HR team. Very easy to talk to, as I had already worked for Irving on my first Co-op work term.

Interview Questions

• What traits would you expect in a supervisor?   1 Answer
    • On a scale of Novice to Proficient, how would you rank your skill with Excel, proficient meaning macros, coding, and pivot tables.   1 Answer
    • On a scale of 1 to 5 how would you rank your time management and organizational skills?   1 Answer

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

First round was HR behavioral questions. I applied online via portal. After two weeks i got mail from HR saying they want to interview. As call was from HR i released first round will be HR. So prepared myself with HR questions. Glassdoor helped a lot for company review and interview questions. Interviewer was HR and one of Project Manager from Irving. As i was answering they were noting my answers on sheet of paper.

Interview Questions

• Situational Questions based on below concepts: (You have to use "I" than we and give examples)
      1- have you ever delegate work? How ?
      2-$ value of projects you handled till now?
      3-How do you handled conflicts?
      4-Leadership style you have?
      5-How you motivate team when project get failed?
      6-Have you ever negotiate for resources ? How?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Irving Oil.

Interview

The process was online and I found this is a nice way of taking interviews , also the candidate can express himself properly. They sent me an online interview form with a congratulations note thay we have riviewed your resume through the glassdoor website and we giving you an online interview form which I had to fill and send them scanned copies of form and my documents.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to join our company ?
      - Is our salary of 8500$ would be sufficient for you or you are expecting some more ?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with the Director of HR and head of IT in separate interviews. Both were unstructured and conversational. HR person asked questions about "how". Very personable fellow but it was surprising that he commutes from another city to the remote location of the head office (which is in a very remote/industrial location)

Interview Questions

• The questions were unstructured and mostly seemed unstructured and conversational.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Two different interviews. One with HR partner and then one with HR partner and manager for the position. Both of my interviews were over the phone, they asked similar questions in both interviews.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to deal with conflict and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineer Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied to Irving through a school coop program. Was emailed a request for a phone interview, where I gave my landline number. Scheduled a time that worked for me. Got a call from HR at Irving with roughly 20min interview. Very easy to talk to.

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Met with Supply Chain Manager and direct Manager. After reviewing my qualifications and giving some examples of what I could bring to the table I received within 5 days an offer which was fair and comparable to the employment that I was leaving.

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the table as this is a construction site that is ever changing with time lines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quite easy and fair

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint John, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Irving Oil (Saint John, NB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Smooth process, was interviewed by two managers and was chosen by one who though i would best fit in for his team based on my previous work experience. Was later offered in 2 weeks , did strict background and reference checks. Overall the process was smooth and HR department was very cooperative