Isobar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Isobar (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I had a great response form the recruiter, they regularly updated me on the status of the interview process and after an initial phone interview I was called in for an in person. The Interviewer was the lead department developer and was very relaxed. They seemed keen to find people for the job and were very welcoming as a whole.

Interview Questions

• If I had programming experience for a design role   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied with a referral. Process took about 4 weeks total. Phone interview tech screening, in-person in Chicago. The recruiter was the worst part of the whole process. He was very hidden throughout, and after a great in person panel interview where I was told "what a great way to end my day!" And proceeded to hear the two architects banter about how well it went as they left the room and walked away.. I got basically froze out for a week and a half, when then I was told another candidate was a better fit. one of the most odd occurrences in the interviewing game I've ever been a part of. I never even had his direct email.

Interview Questions

• Syntax related, more of a standard dev role it felt like; not architecture.   1 Answer

Senior SEO Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Painful process!! Internal and external communication is horrible. I started communication over 31 days ago and still have not received an answer either way. From my experience I feel like that they currently are "B" grade "professionals looking for "C' "grade professionals". BEWARE!!!

ADVICE: At least be professional enough to inform the applicant where they stand in the process in a timely manor.

Interview Questions

• Will you participate in an SEO exercise?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied, a few days later I had a phone interview with a recruiter from the Chicago office, and a few days after that I interviewed at the NYC office. The actual interview went really well, although I found the hiring manager to be a bit cold and unwelcoming. The part about the process that really bothered me, was that she never got back to me about my thank you note / never told me that I didn't get the job. She instead went through a recruiter that had been helping me with the role. After the hour plus that I spent in the office, the least you could do is to tell me that I didn't get the job myself. Minus this one hiring manger though, everyone in the office seemed lovely.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to Isobar that others would not? Tell me about a time that you could have been more organized. And other pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Senior Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

A recruiter called me after I had sent in my portfolio and resume. I talked with him on the phone for 10 minutes or so then he emailed me later to bring me in for an in person interview. I came in talked to 3 different Creative/Art Directors separately. They seemed unprepared and barely asked me any questions beyond asking me to present some projects from my portfolio.

( Graphic Design) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Isobar (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

In person, School portfolio Review, then selected for an in person interview at the boston office. Meet with three people. Really looking for digital work. They spend some time showing you around the office. You meet with a visual designer, a UX designer and a creative director. You show each of them your work and they ask you multiple questions regarding your process and how you got to the final product.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Isobar.

Interview

One lead interviewed me as well as another Director and the lead was more nervous than I was...

Asked me about my experience and I gave detailed information and the lead seemed lost.

After I got hired, I was sitting next to the lead and the person never acknowledged that I got hired not congratulations even worse not even a 'hello or goodmorning'

Interview Questions

• Describe the applications or platforms you have worked on   1 Answer

Back End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Isobar.

Interview

Had a technical Interview in New York Office. Lasted around 30 mins. Asked concepts mainly based in JAVA and Oracle. The interviewer was very pleasant and jolly. Very friendly company.Excellent view from office

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Isobar (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through university. First in person interview followed by a telephonic interview. All the interviews were based upon my knowledge and experience. Interviewers were quite nice, they make you feel comfortable. Questions asked during the interview were based upon my current knowledge and expereince. Some of the questions required out of the box thinking. But pretty straightforward interview. It was a good process

Back End Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Isobar.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 30 min technical and 30 min behavioral process. The technical interview was just to make sure that the projects you worked on are actually your projects. Once they discussed what your projects were really about, they would go into asking how the project was implemented. Since I was being considered for back-end developer, they asked me whether I used interfaces to implement my model, how I could incorporate a server to the design etc...
    The behavioral interview was the tougher one for me. It was basically half an hour of all sorts of small questions being thrown at you to assess your personality and approach to any sort of problems. One of the weirder questions, since I had never been asked such a question before, was if my campus were to be evacuated, how I would go about the process.

Overall, the interviewers were very kind, and they werent trying to trick you. Perhaps the behavioral interview was just a surprise to me.