Ivy Tech Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ivy Tech Community College Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.4

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Interview

Was asked to give presentation on a topic given by them. The presentation lasted 45 minutes followed by questions asked by the committee. The committee was friendly, easy and made me comfortable.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Fort Wayne, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was the department chief emailed for an interview. Went for the interview and talked to him for an hour and so and he gave me the class to teach.

Interview Questions

• Describe my previous teaching experience.   1 Answer

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume, references, teaching philosophy, and college transcripts online. HR called me to invite me to an interview. During the interview itself. I answered questions from the hiring panel for about half an hour. Many of these questions were behavioral. I then had 20 minutes in which to give a simulated teaching demonstration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a challenging student.   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Gary, IN).

Interview

You submit an application online or in the center, if the tutoring coordinator likes your appication, they will schedule an interview. Generally new hires start at the beginnng of each new semester.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muncie, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Muncie, IN).

Interview

I prepared thoroughly for the interview. The interview was easy, however. I simply had to show that I was qualified by explaining my experience, credentials, and asking relevant questions. I was hired on the spot.

Associate Vice Chancellor Interview

Interview

One phone interview with a panel followed by an in-person interview with the same panel and a campus tour from a student and staff. Interviews involved several staff including colleagues and supervisors consistent with their matrix management system.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy, one person will ask of the wall questions. The process was actually pretty smooth. I enjoyed it very much. If you do not work there or know someone it an be difficult. Just make a good impression and you will be fine. Job security is okay, but some of the people are not that great at making you feel welcome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was okay, it was just a formality for some of us.

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather slow. The HR director was over a couple of regions however I would've thought they could've got back to me sooner. The group interview was easy and very informative about the position.

Events Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College in August 2015.

Interview

Very quick and painless. HR was pretty useless in providing directions/general information about the interview. But after the one in person interview was done, everything else just fell into place.

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

in a room with about 12 people all taking turns asking questions , people from all of the departments , even a couple office people, the dean of the college walked in late with a couple questions also

Interview Questions

• many types of questions from knowledge of IT / Computers / printers and Network. to how would you handle a rude student . or staff member   1 Answer