Ivy Tech Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Ivy Tech Community College

2.6

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Anderson, IN) in October 2012.

Interview

Two group interviews. First with a screening committee and then with the campus president, vice chancellor and regional department manager. Both interviews were fairly painless. All the players were gracious during the interview and helped put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• This position sees a great deal of unhappy students. How do you deal with stress?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Valparaiso, IN) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I interviewed with a total of three people and it lasted about thirty minutes. The questions asked were fairly easy and the staff seemed nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Interview

The process was initiated about a month after I submitted the application with a 30 minute phone interview. The 2nd interview was in-person and occurred about another month after. I had to give a presentation on why a student would want to attend Ivy Tech, followed by a half hour of questions following my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What about this position interests you most, having not worked directly in Student Affairs before?   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valparaiso, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Valparaiso, IN).

Interview

in a room with about 12 people all taking turns asking questions , people from all of the departments , even a couple office people, the dean of the college walked in late with a couple questions also

Interview Questions

• many types of questions from knowledge of IT / Computers / printers and Network. to how would you handle a rude student . or staff member   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Fort Wayne, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was the department chief emailed for an interview. Went for the interview and talked to him for an hour and so and he gave me the class to teach.

Interview Questions

• Describe my previous teaching experience.   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Interview

Was asked to give presentation on a topic given by them. The presentation lasted 45 minutes followed by questions asked by the committee. The committee was friendly, easy and made me comfortable.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College in January 2013.

Interview

Casual, informal. Interviewed with chair of department, attended a session to learn more about being adjunct faculty. Also met with HR just to get forms completed. The interview process was not very deep, seemed like they would take a warm body to teach.

Interview Questions

• Discussed experience, not difficult. Don't know if they really cared about qualifications or teaching experience. Although I have teaching experience at the college level, they hired people who clearly did not have experience and it showed.   Answer Question

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College.

Interview

Very involved, had staff from several departments take turns asking predetermined very general questions, in conference room then once over asked if you had any questions for them. It was a panel of about 6 staff members.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

It is a one on one interview between you and the program chair. First you need to give a 15 min mock teaching session. The syllabus of the course was sent to you before the interview and you choose one of the topics. Then you will answer some questions about your teaching experiences, teaching philosophy, your knowledge of the college, etc. The whole process lasts about 1h.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your favorite teachers in the past and why you like him/her.
      How do you hear about Ivy tech and what do you know about Ivy Tech?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ivy Tech Community College (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with department head and lead instructor. Very pleasant and informative. They asked me about my teaching experience and other work experience. We then talked about how the class would work.