J. F. Ahern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Fire Protection Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a very positive experience with the interview and hiring process, it was very streamlined and better than companies I had interviewed with in the past. There were three stages of interviews for me: a phone interview with HR, an interview with two managers, and a final video interview with a general manger. I always heard back from my recruiter within a week of each step of the process, and received an offer within days of the final interview. I was very happy with the offered compensation package (base pay, benefits, time off, bonuses, etc).

Each interview was very straightforward - the goal of the interviewers was always to get a better understanding of my experience, abilities, etc. Additionally, every person with the company that I spoke to had nothing but good things to say about the company and how employees were treated and valued. This, along with the excellent communication throughout the whole process, really made me feel excited about the opportunity to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you have had to make a difficult decision in your prior work or academic experience   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you so much for taking the time to share a thorough review of your total interview process! Your feedback helps us continue to refine our interview processes to provide the best experience... More

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews. One at a career fair and the next at the office. Both were short and very relaxed. I heard back from an HR representative with in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

J. F. Ahern Response

Feb 4, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for the feedback! We're pleased to hear that you had a positive experience, and we're thankful you've come aboard and joined the Ahern team. Please keep the feedback coming; we're always... More

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI).

Interview

The start of the hiring process went well. They where very attentive and actually approached me about the position. The first 2 groups of the in-person interview went well; the last part did not go well. The person was extremely critical of me and my abilities, questioned my desire for success because I chose to have a family, and basically said that I am not the person he is looking for, which is fine but throughtout the time I spent with him, my self esteem went down because of the things he said and implied. I left the building and cried on the way home from being hurt. All of the interviewers made it very clear that the company is transparent regarding their business but the last gentleman said that transparent really means direct, assertive, and rude.
    I was also told by the HR Manager that I would be contacted within the next 2 days and 4 days later I still haven't heard from them...not that it matters because I do not want to work for them anymore anyway.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied previously and had a phone interview. I saw this position and thought it would be a better fit, I applied on the website. I was brought in for a face-to-face interview for the Recruiting Coordinator position where I met the HR Manager and HR Business Partner. I was then brought in for a second interview to meet with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I ever made a change to a process and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly quick and I was very impressed with the overall communication that I received. The recruiter was very responsive and let me know during the phone interview what the different steps in the interview process would look like.

I applied online and had an e-mail from the recruiter to set up a phone interview within a day. I had the phone interview a few days later and a personal interview within the same week! After that, there was one final interview and I received an offer two days later. I happily accepted the offer and I can honestly say that this was the best interviewing experience I have ever had. I had applied at other companies around the same time and I received requests for phone interviews from them weeks later. They were not nearly as fast in getting back to me.

Service Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a telephone interview. The person interviewing was very kind and seemed interested, she was also very forth coming as to how long she had been with the company and how very much she enjoyed her position. She "sold" the company as far as I was concerned, made me more excited about my choice to apply. Understood that culture is important.

Interview Questions

• What position in my career was I most passionate about and why   1 Answer
    • What pay range was I looking for ?   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for contributing feedback on your interview experience with our team. We appreciate your time and consideration, and we wish you the absolute best in your career search!

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online for a position out of the state at that time. The process began with a phone interview which was very positive and conversational. A video interview followed which was a little more stressful, only because I had never interviewed that way, but it went smoothly. I was willing to travel for a face to face interview, but it didn't prove necessary. After I took a personality test, they scheduled a second video interview to ask another question or two and then an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle co-workers who are a little difficult or trying?   1 Answer

May 28, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback on your interview experience with us! We're excited to have you on our team, and please continue to provide constructive criticism and... More

Fire Protection Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Omaha, NE) in April 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR in Fond Du Lac, WI head quarters. If you are chosen after the phone interview, you are called by the General Manager of the specific location to do an in person interview. If you make it through the in person interview, you called in for an AutoCAD test, and other small tests to test your knowledge.

Jul 8, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for the review and recap of your interview experience! We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. Thank you for being a valued member of our Ahern team, and please continue to... More

Corporate Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic Phone interview then a series of in-person interviews. Everyone throughout the process was very communicative. I think I got the job offer within the week of my final interview. I was very impressed with the transparency throughout the whole process and I did appreciate the new hire link used to fill out all new hire paper work.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you have faced in previous roles and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question

Material Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern (Fond du Lac, WI) in February 2019.

Interview

First had a phone interview, then in person interview. Easy people to talk to, very upbeat, comfortable atmosphere and conversaton. Their response time to my application was only one day and the entire process was less than a week!

Interview Questions

• What interested you in the Material Control Coordinator positon?   Answer Question

Mar 5, 2019 – Internal Communications Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your time, and we’re glad you had such a great experience during the interview process. We wish you all the best in your search!

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. F. Ahern.

Interview

Slow, methodical process. 3 interviews following a phone interview, first with division VP and HR, 2nd with VP and EVP, third with VP and his subordinate manager. Interviewers are quite polished, and present the company in a great light. Upper level managers are pleasant to interview with, lower level managers can be the real bad cops in the process.

Interview Questions

• They had me take a personality test and were asking me about the results of that test without me having seen them. They wanted to see if I saw myself in an honest way, not biased.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was minimal in my case.