J. Walter Thompson Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

J. Walter Thompson Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Interview

I met with three different people, spoke to each of them individually for about 30 minutes. They were all very friendly and from my interview alone the company seems like it would be a lot of fun to work for.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Very general problems like personal career plans and development path. Also some detailed questions about the experience listed on the resume. The most important aspect is if the candidate's personality can fit the team well

Entry Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide.

Interview

It was standard! Very easy going phone call. I was asked about myself and then was told a lot about the company culture. Interviewer was passionate about the company, very informative and very encouraging. We spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes before we agreed to stay in touch.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an in-house employee of the agency as I had worked in a freelance relationship in the past. The internal recruiter asked for some of my available dates for scheduling a phone interview over the next week. Awaiting the next step while reviwing options and awaiting the next step in the process.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by a video interview. The phone interview was fairly brief. The video interview was longer, close to 40 minutes. It was very casual, conversational. Questions were geared to find out more about the applicants, not intended to be traps or at all misleading.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at JWT? Why this department?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide.

Interview

It was ok. the interview went well, but never heard back about the final decision. Also, it seem like they were looking for something different from what was included in the job posting.

Digital Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide in February 2016.

Interview

I was going to school in Florida at the time, so I had to send a cover letter and resume via email and wait a couple of weeks before I heard back. I found out that I was chosen for an interview, and I had a Skype face-to-face where I talked to the head of the department. The interview was very relaxed and gave me a great company vibe. A few weeks later I found out via email that I had been accepted to the internship and I would learn more over the following weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you think an internship like this would benefit you?   1 Answer

Art Directing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide.

Interview

For this opportunity I had a phone interview with a creative recruiter and it was very conversational. I was offered the job on the spot and they do a great job of selecting talent through portfolio reviews. I would highly recommend this internship to anyone interested in advertising. Working at a WPP company helped me grasp an understanding of how agency life is.

Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

First, I corresponded with HR on two separate occasions. Once to learn about the teams that were hiring and what the position required. Then, to discuss next steps and coming into the office for an interview. The HR associate have me insight into who I would be working for and the brand itself. Then I met with an Account Manager, followed by a fairly extensive day of interviews for several accounts.

Interview Questions

• What my current position entails and how I believe it will help me at JWT.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide.

Interview

Standard interview process. Phone screen by HR who then refers you to hiring manager. Hiring manager does phone interview and then brings you in for group interview and tour of office. Very straightforward. They are just trying to make sure you are a good fit.