JBM Patrol & Protection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at JBM Patrol & Protection

Security Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI).

Interview

The interviewer will schedule interviews back to back so is a quick and basic interview. Interview is a two stage process. 1st is the face to face and the 2nd you wait a week while your references are "checked" and you get hired. During the interview stage where you meet face to face, the interviewer goes over your availability, your desired pay (which is pointless as they pay per site), any previous experience, and an overview of the company. You are also given a chance to ask questions. You are also handed a sheet with a list of expenses you will have to fork out to get the job. You are asked to agree with the charges to move forward in the interview.
    There is no dress code. I dressed business casual and was dressed better than 90% of the office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a security guard?   1 Answer

JBM Patrol & Protection Response

Feb 1, 2016 – President

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate your candid remarks and encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to learn more about the rules and procedures that are ... More

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Human Resources "Lieutenant" Steven Kolb interviews you at their Madison office on Kinglsey Way. First you have to fill out this bizarre questionnaire, which is a reading skills test for weeding out 4th grade level Officers. A very strange test at the door, I have NEVER seen before.

Interview Questions

• If I call your previous employer how will they describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would recommend that all applicants negotiate for the $18 an hour that some Security Offices are being paid, but they are ALSO are being told not to tell anyone about their wage.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Prior to the actual interview, you are given a brief written exam to demonstrate your handwriting and to test your grammatical knowledge. These are basic tools needed everyday on the job considering that every shift requires you to hand write a report.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked about why you want to work as a guard and why you want to work for JBM.   1 Answer

Security Officer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Very basic with very simple questions. I am pretty sure that anyone called in for interview is already hired because of how desperate they are for people. So long as you pass a background check (you don't even need to pass a drug test) you are hired. Just show up to the interview. That's all you have to do.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

They have you fill out a questionaire looking for basic math, logic, and grammer skills. After which. They had me wait to be called. Reviewed my resume. Asked questions about resume for clearity. Explained job, duties, pay, equipment needed, qualification etc. I signed documents, and had to go through background check.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. Spoke with the office by telephone. Called in for two in person meetings with the branch manager and patrol lieutenant the second was for an on line exam. The meeting was in a conference room and I was asked a series of questions about how I would handle incidents, etc.

Interview Questions

• Wide range. Most of the questions were about customer service, past experience and basic comprehension.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

The company representatives who interviewed me were a former Marine Sergeant and a retired Police Chief. They were all business. The entire hiring process was very professional and organized but I will admit I was very nervous in a 10 X 12 room answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a bad choice I made and the outcome of it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the position I wanted. I didn't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI).

Interview

Application, interview, background check, fingerprinting.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

got called and offered the job the same day i applied had orientation the following wednesday. The orientation was a 6 hour process of signing paperwork and watching videos while people got the gear WHICH THEY HAD TO PAY FOR.

Interview Questions

• are you able to work in the U.S. and do you have a pulse?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JBM Patrol & Protection (Madison, WI) in May 2012.

Interview

A Madison Police Officer told me JBM Patrol & Protection was looking for summer security officers. I applied and after 4 days I got an interview. Interview went well and I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told where I would be working, what hours and what I would be paid.