JEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

JEA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Interview was set for a certain time. Showed up early, paid for parking, and received temporary badge,. Waited 30 minutes for interviewer to show before getting up and leaving.. Never received notification they were running late and no one checked on me.

Interview Questions

• Which company needs to reevaluate interview practices?   1 Answer

Database Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JEA in November 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and was asked to sit for an in-person interview. After a couple of days the interview was canceled due to 'Everyone took off that day'.

Haven't heard back yet but have been assured that they will eventually get around to it.

Corporate Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at JEA (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy process, mostly behavioral style questions. I would say if you apply expect to be entering a really slow company. Nothing is fast pace, and they give you all the work if you are a Co-Op / Contractor.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in the following programming languages: .NET, C#, Java, SQL, and scripting.   Answer Question

Declined to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JEA (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The whole thing was a horrible joke, and the joke was one me. They first contacted me about salary requirements. Then they wanted a copy of my college transcript from 20 years earlier. No telephone screening or anything. They asked me to come in (from out of state) as a final candidate and offered only two possible interview timeslots. I opted for 8 am. No one was there to meet me on time. They brought me up late (starting late) and ended punctually. The questions were written in advance and one could not ask questions.

In the end, it was apparent that they were going through the obligatory motions but were promoting from within.

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JEA.

Interview

The entire process took 3 months from start to finish. The process is painfully slow. After applying if you meet the requirements you are schedule to take an exam, that you must pay for. Once a passing score is made you are scheduled for an in-person interview. The interview is scored and you have to make a passing score as well, once that is done you are placed on an "eligibility list". Questions asked at the interview range from education, computer software expertise, work history & hypothetical questions pertaining to possible incidents that could happen in the position & how you would handle it.

Purchasing Agent Interview

Interview

Too many steps for a position that does not pay that much. I understand that they are a public company, but it took over one and a half month of tests, interviews, etc to finally get an response

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JEA (Jackson, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Very stuffy. I was actually over qualified but felt they were just going through the process but already had a candidate in mind. Very uncomfortable interview process. Knew I was not a good fit immediately.

Interview Questions

No offer. Didn't feel comfortable with any of the interviewers.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in JAX Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at JEA (JAX Beach, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

easy, but in person. Sat with a panel impressed them by answering some questiones. Got a ob offer few days later. Great job but limited growth opportunity. People are lazy money gets wasted big time. Engineers are overlooked. They are taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• standard test they ask everyone. Know about open and closed ciruit   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JEA in August 2013.

Interview

The interview questions are fairly simplistic and the interview team seems to do all of the talking. If you get through the first step, plan on an eight hour session with the physiologist. Even with a good interview, it generally comes down to who you know. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• There were not any difficult questions but be prepared to discuss your experience.   Answer Question

Really was not impressed with the interview team

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at JEA (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

It was one of the easier interviews I have had. Mainly standard questions, no real surprises. Some situational questions about past work environments or projects. I interviewed with multiple people and at least three of them read me questions directly off the sheet and didn't take notes. I didn't get the feeling they were very experienced interviewing candidates and it made me feel more at ease. Know your resume, and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a past project. Etc   Answer Question