JK Moving Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

IT Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Sterling, VA).

Interview

After Submitting your CV/Applying they will send you an Online behavioral test, then they will held phone interview, after that one to one interview, finally they might call you to have a face to face interview.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JK Moving Services.

Interview

Per interview surveys used to assess intelligence, logic, behavior. Actual interview with CXO level disappointing! They were old fashioned in approach and method. HR and CEO impressive. Glad I didn't get an offer, would not have had support from president or vice.

Interview Questions

• Who do you know at what companies to get meetings? (Obviously they still use yellow pages to research and canvass)   1 Answer
    • Why would you be good at this job?   1 Answer

A/R Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Sterling, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via telephone by one of the company's HR reps. A date and time was established for the interview. The HR rep was very friendly and polite.

I interviewed with the Comptroller and A/R Manager. Both individuals seemed like decent people. I was made to feel at ease for the interview. I was provided an overview about the company, the makeup of the accounting team, and the busy periods of time. Both individuals were open to questions that I had and seemed to provide honest responses.

I loved the office environment. The cubicles were very nice and each work space had a dual monitor setup.

I was surprised that the position was hourly, not salaried.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JK Moving Services in February 2017.

Interview

Didn't interview for original position. They actually reviewed y qualifications and offered me another position that more closely matches my background. I was blown away that somebody actually read my resume and took my skill set to apply to a position rather than a computer making assumptions based on words.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager wanted to make sure I understood that Jk is about career paths and not just a job. I was blown away and that in of itself was my deciding factor.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JK Moving Services.

Interview

After in person interview I was told I am selected for the next interview but did not hear back. They were continuously prompt but after the first interview i did not hear back even after my attempts at contacting them.

Interview Questions

• General Questions, tell us a little bit about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Sterling, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Sat down with main recruiter. He told me based on resume and experience in the industry that while they didn't have any open sales positions they did have an open move coordinator position. Set up a meeting with director, VP, even met CEO to get feel for who I would be working with and how the company operated.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions involved personal preferences. How I liked to work(team or individual) How I preferred to stay organized. Type of work hours I preferred.   1 Answer

Mover Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Sterling, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

basically you talk to one of the dispatcher, he asks you a few questions about your availability and your work performance. more over very simple questions that do not require much experience and knowledge, and their is a drug test you have to take in a 2 day time period at your own free will.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to work six days a week? do you have reliable transportation? any physical disabilities?   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Was contacted to take an assessment test. After I completed the test I was informed my results were sent to the hiring team. A day later I was contact for an interview for a far lower position than I applied for. Operations Manager / Dispatch. I informed the GM who contacted me about he error. Tom was good about it. I followed up with HR to inform them that I was offered up to a position that I have 8 similar reporting to me and asked if I was still being considered for the proper position. I was then informed I didn't have the skills they were looking for in that position....Definitely some confusion.

Interview Questions

• Would I be interested in a much lower level position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JK Moving Services (Sterling, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR coordinated my interview to be with my direct Supervisor. She was friendly and welcoming. Very good conversation. Not stilted, not formal HR type questions read from a printed list. She was getting a feel for my natural behavior and making sure I'd be a good member of the TEAM. Exactly how an interview should be. Then, I had a 2nd interview with a VP, a big, friendly, helpful guy that just about anyone in this world would want as a boss or father. Then, my 3rd interview was with the big boss GM. I told my wife after that interview that I may not have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you solved a problem at past workplaces?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JK Moving Services in May 2015.

Interview

I was presented with the International Operations Manager. She was very serious and sought out professional responses but also kept it rather light and easy going. At first, I was discouraged as I thought I was rambling on about myself and my qualifications, but then I began to ask questions about JK Moving and I believed my curiosity assisted me in acquiring a job.

Interview Questions

JK Moving Services Response

Jul 23, 2015 – HRIS Administrator

Thank you for applying to JK Moving Services. I’m glad you had a positive experience and we look forward to having you join the team.