JV Commerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JV Commerce

2.0

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JV Commerce (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Don't be fooled by the flashy website and nice little introduction animation: the position you will be interviewing for is selling cell phones to people on the street. They call it 'face-to-face marketing', and the whole thing will be a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

JV Commerce Response

Feb 12, 2018 – CEO

Good afternoon, according to your review; you seem to have applied to our HR Internship. I would just like to clarify that our HR team takes no part in our sales department. They strictly work on the... More

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JV Commerce (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The office is in a small building. The whole interview process was a casual conversation about my resume and the interviewer gave me a preview of internship program schedule.

Interview Questions

• Your experience; what time available; how long does transportation take from home to the company.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JV Commerce.

Interview

There's an initial interview which is pretty thorough, if that goes well you get invited to a second interview. The interview is not long, neither is it difficult. I had my interview with the CEO- who is a very sweet and ambitious. Additionally, unlike other marketing firms, they do not seem to overbook.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JV Commerce (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

There were two interviews. The first one was quite short, maybe 5 minutes. The second one was longer, maybe around 15-20 minutes. The second one was quite interesting that the interviewer took me to the shop nearby. It felt better to talk with a cup of hot chocolate rather than talking in the office. Afterwards, they told me that I was selected as the candidate and needed to sign the paperwork, which was confusing since they didn't give me much time to process. One interviewer only said they worked with Sprint but not exactly what they did and how they helped Sprint to have better marketing strategies. Another one mentioned that they worked with poor people but was still unclear.

Interview Questions

• What characteristics you think you'll get during or after this internship?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to choose this major?   Answer Question

Actually I checked their reviews and found that they mainly sold assurance wireless to people. I didn't want to do this kind of job so I declined it.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JV Commerce.

Interview

The first interview was very quick. Just a review of your resume. The second interview, on the other hand was a little disorganized and lacked clarity. The guy just kept telling me about stuff that aren’t event related to the company. Then after, he just sent me off, even though on the confirmation email it said that I was supposed to be given an evaluation.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JV Commerce (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I went into a sort of empty office but the guy i spoke to was actually not an idiot at all, he asked normal strength questions and explained they do 3rd party marketing campaigns for sprint. when i showed up the first day it was NOT AT ALL what was described to me. They wanted me to walk around the streets of jersey city selling assurance wireless (?) and everyone who worked there was completely uneducated and had bought into this scheme that this woman built obviously based on a leadership workshop she took once. It was a joke and an embarrassment they advertise for multiple positions but ever entry level/ internship position is exactly the same. Do not go

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at JV Commerce in October 2017.

Interview

It was very sketchy. I received an email from the company about having the interview in Jersey. When I got there, the office looked like a rented space. As if it was still in the “start up” phase. I got called in by the CEO and she was explaining to me what the business is and what she’s looking for.

She basically fluffed up that JV Commerce is a marketing firm but currently working with Sprint to sell their phones. For a marketing firm to only have “one” client is a bit strange. The information on their website is a bunch of stories about the ceo and limited info on what the company has actually accomplished.

Overall I’d say build your clientele to other brands so that you’re not only saying “we sell cellphones for Sprint.” That within itself gives a negative connotation.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JV Commerce (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

The first interview the CEO just asks about your work history. so make sure you know your resume and have everything update.

STAGE 2: Q&A. The longest portion of the interview, this is when the employer asks you questions and listens to your responses. ...
    STAGE 3: Your Questions. ...
    STAGE 4: Closing.

Interview Questions

• what your favorite college experience.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JV Commerce (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Straight to the point in each interview was exactly what I was told to expect. Informative and engaging. The interviewer we’re very knowledgeable in the business and friendly. They talk numbers and show me the reason why they still in business

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JV Commerce (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

There are 2 interviews-the first one to get to know you and the 2nd one- observing and filling out some simple paperwork along the way. For the 1st interview, the manager was just trying to get to know me and my goals and she told me about the company. Later in the day I was invited for a 2nd interview and the 2nd interview is more of an observation day with a short interview at the end of the day, mostly dealing with what you learned throughout the day and what you thought of it. However, what they don't tell you in the beginning is that this is all commission based, $10 per phone you sell. You have to hustle in not-so-nice neighborhoods. The manager is really nice and so are all the account executives that you go out with on observation day, much respect to them but this job is not for everyone, certainly not me.