Jack Link's Protein Snacks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

HR called to set up the phone interview with the hiring manager. At first, the hiring manager seemed pleasant and amicable, but as the interview progressed, I got this slimy, pompous vibe from him and I didn't like that.

He made me feel like a liar. Initially, I explained why I'm looking for something else. Later in the interview, when I said that I liked the people I currently work with, he kept pressing and pressing why I'd want to leave them. And I quote, "Wait! You said earlier that you wanted to leave because you weren't using your skills to your potential...and now you're saying you like working with these people? What is it?" (Um. Yes, I can LIKE the people I work with, but if my skills aren't being used to their potential, then it's a completely different issue.) UGH.

He also made me feel bad about my entire career - he seems to think that I had no career progression from when I held an entry level position until now (I have 17 years of experience). I explained how the field works, and that I had no interest in managing people, hence why I'm not in a management role -- because I don't WANT one. However, once he asked me for my current salary he was silent. Perhaps only then did he understand, as you don't just get to X salary amount by doing lateral moves.

After I hung up the phone, I KNEW I wouldn't want to work here. One should leave an interview feeling excited about a potential new experience, but this experience made me feel rattled and angry...and now I'll note this company as somewhere I'd never want to work.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

Over a two months process. Applied to position and took a month to respond to my application. I was first put through a phone screen. Two weeks later, I was interviewed by three people at once including HR, Management, and an Executive Assistant. I was then interviewed by an HR manager in a different building. It was another month before I was sent an offer.

Phone interview was causal and friendly. First three people to interview me in person were fun, energetic, and easy to talk to. HR manager that interviewed me was abrasive and cold. Comments in regards to my education was rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why did you go back to school, people just don't get up one day and say, "I'm going back to school."   1 Answer

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial 30 min phone interview with Senior Recruiter. Next 30 min phone interview with the person I would work directly with. Called back for in-person interview that was with 5 people (2 in one interview which was 1 hour, 2 in the next interview which took another hour, and final 15 minute meeting with the VP)

Interview Questions

• Describe your SAP experience   1 Answer

Senior Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

Several interviews with both recruiter, hiring manager, head of talent, and VP HR. Turned down twice for the position until I was their "preferred candidate". Was told that they were putting together an offer and then asked for my previous compensation. Then nothing happened for several days. After several emails and contacts they told me that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter over the phone who described the position. Did a good job coordinating my next conversation with the hiring manager. The recruiting coordinator did an excellent job working through schedules, providing updates on changes and ensuring I had a good experience.

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Mankato, MN) in March 2010.

Interview

There was really no process at all.

Negotiation

Was none

Director of Procurement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks in September 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was through the recruiter. Set up and all the preparation (flight, hotel, transport) all went very smoothly. Interviewed with three sets of people; HR, operations / plant and COO. Questions were standard, tell me about a time when... They were interested in industry knowledge that would apply to the role.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move to Minneapolis?   1 Answer

Quality Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks.

Interview

HR was friendly and simple questions were ask. A quality supervisor would have been in the interview as well but wasn't there. Question base on resume and no behavior questions.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Business Intelligence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Minneapolis office for the internship position. It was a very quick interview and it seemed like they already had their mind made up regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• "So tell me a little bit about yourself and why you want this position?"   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone screen was straight forward and one on one was detailed. Not only about company but position as well. The offer process clear and while there was no flexibility, it was professional.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, straight forward and appropriate   1 Answer