Jackson Lewis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jackson Lewis Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis.

Interview

Applied online and a representative contacted me within a few days. Interview was pushed back more than a week due to sudden scheduling conflicts with the attorneys and I was notified only a day before, but I guess it is understandable in the law field. Interview itself was not too challenging and very casual and conversational. Had to complete an Excel test that covered basic knowledge of manipulating and managing data. Took almost 3 weeks after the interview to hear a decision from Jackson Lewis.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique compared to the other candidates?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis.

Interview

Sent in my resume & cover letter. Got an email with some initial behavioral questions two weeks later. Had a phone interview a week after. Had a technical skills test. Completed two rounds of in-person interviews (a week apart) shortly after. Some technical questions during in-person interviews related to past experience, but mostly behavioral questions and questions intended to gauge your interest in the position & the firm. Received an offer within one week of the 2nd in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why are you interested in working at Jackson Lewis?
      Tell me about a time when you solved a problem.
      Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis.

Interview

The interview was extremely straightforward but all of the questions that were asked during the in-person interview were already asked during my phone interview. Overall I didn't finish the entire interview process since I chose to accept a position at a different firm because I felt the other firm was a better match for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

Hiring was done by an employee, not an official HR person. I got a initial email screening interview, then a phone interview, and lastly an in person interview. It was a relatively relaxed interview with 3-5 of the employees. The thing that bothered me is that I got an offer from a different company & I followed up with Jackson Lewis on the status of the interviewing/position process but I got no reply. I emailed, called, & left a message. Nothing. I've been ghosted by a company! I understand that my contact was not a HR person, but it is still very unprofessional to not respond, especially since they were very good with communication prior to the interview. It definitely gives perspective on how they treat people in general...

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis.

Interview

Was referred to the Marketing Department and scheduled an informal interview. It took less than 2 weeks and it was all very professional. Had a meeting with my soon to be manager and then went to the office to meet her manager. I was then offered the position via email.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in marketing, and marketing programs?   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of specific questions about cases I worked on. Why I liked those cases. It then turned to the interviewer asking why I chose certain cases versus other cases that the interviewer named. Also make sure you know about the firm's competitors and how they rank against it.

Interview Questions

• How does Jackson-Lewis compare to other labor and employment firms?   1 Answer

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I met with the Office Administrator and the Facilities Manager for nearly an hour. They asked if could get the job done and I simply replied that I'd go above and beyond to get things in order. My resume spoke for itself.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with challenging coworkers or uncompromising attitudes?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process I went through was simple. I had a phone conversation with a Human Resources representative from Jackson Lewis. This person asked me general personality questions along with questions about my experiences with the firm in the past. I spoke briefly with an upper management representative who then referred me back to human resources.

Interview Questions

Interview

Standard. Pretty easy. You meet with the office manager, the attorneys you will work for and the managing shareholder. There are usually two interviews. Both are quite formal, so beware of that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

What are your strengths? What do you know about us? What made you want to do this?

Litigation Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jackson Lewis (Boston, MA).

Interview

First interview was with a woman in HR. Very informal, conversational interview. Pleasant experience. Second interview was with two attorneys, one at a time. More formal than the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• What would my previous employer say my biggest weakness is?   Answer Question