Jackson State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jackson State University

Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jackson State University (Jackson, MS).

Interview

I was first given a phone interview with the assistant. Once I successfully passed the phone interview, I was granted an in person interview. I was asked a few questions, and the introduced to the team. After that they offered me the position on the spot. I started 3 months later.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions to gauge experience, and ability to multi task.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Interview

There were about 40 people in the hiring process for this particular job, but half of us were chosen. The interview ranged any where from 15 minutes to 25 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jackson State University (Jackson, MS) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview is not hard. They asked me several questions, and it took about one hour. There are about 10 people applied for this job, and I got two good letters from my professors for this job. I think those help.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills for this job?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jackson State University.

Interview

Asked what my fields of interest were and how I would make the required research topic pertain to my interests and did I have enough time to devote to this internship. If your GPA is up to par, the interview is a breeze as you have proven your capability. If it is not as high as you would like, work much harder in proving that you are the person for the position.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my fields of interest were and how I would make the required research topic pertain to my interests. The interview process was fairly simple and straightforward.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson State University in April 2010.

Interview

Initial contact was made by me as I heard of the Research Center. From there all I had to do was show up for some workshops to familiarize myself with the program and keep a high gpa.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was why should we choose you over all other students who wants to be a part of this lab   Answer Question

Negotiation

starting off as an undergraduate research assistant was generally 500 a month and you work your way up

Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jackson State University.

Interview

Apply online and complete all steps. The process is simple and straight forward. Decisions are made at the level of the department that is hiring.

Interview Questions

• Where will you be in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson State University in May 2011.

Interview

It was ok. It was straightforward. Basically I already had the job. It was one of those first come first serve. However, going through the process is almost like pledging. They are very strict on time.

Budget Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jackson State University in November 2010.

Interview

Will explain at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Just different question about working with difficult people   Answer Question