Jacksons Food Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Jacksons Food Stores

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores (Tacoma, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Has a small interview with the store manager and was asked some basic questions. Was showed the store and a quick overview of the company and benefits. Was asked to see if I could use the cash register, tested for a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• What's one time where an customer was being difficult. What did you do and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. The store manager asked basic questions regarding customer service, how I would deal with different scenarios, questions about my ability and willingness to perform different job duties, went over my work history, and asked pertinent questions. She gave me the opportunity to ask questions as well. The interview itself was fairly informal and relaxed, which helped to create a less stressful feel, which helped me to feel more at ease.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your biggest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel are your weaknesses or areas you could improve upon?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an angry or dissatisfied customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores.

Interview

Disgusting! Interviewed by an asst. Mgr and mgr. I have never had such a negative management team interview me! The asst. was being promoted and he said he didnt even want the job!!!!

Anonymous Employee in Kuna, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores (Kuna, ID) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed online with some brief questions and my resume. I was called shortly after, just 2 days later, at which point in time we arranged an interview a few days later. I went and was asked some easy questions about previous job performance and got the job. Few days later I went to job training which lasted for 3 days, about 7 hours; where we learned the basics of working for Jackson's and got some practice working a cash register and speaking with customers. We then were given a website to study how to handle food safely and had to pass a quick online test with unlimited retries. After passing it and finishing training, I started my first day a few days later. Over the next 2 weeks, I was taken by various members of management and my team step-by-step to learn how to do my job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a lot of tasks to complete by a short deadline. How did you cope?   1 Answer

Negotiation

100% of such basic, low-credential needing hourly jobs can not be positively negotiated concerning pay (at least from my experience. Kudos to you if you've done it before).

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores.

Interview

Simple Interview and hiring process. Dress clean and shower. Answer questions clearly and stay professional. Be honest and show some personality with the hiring manager. Be prepared to answer questions like: why do you want to work for jacksons.
    Explain what customer service means to you.
    Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person what was the situation and how did you handle it?

Interview Questions

• If you were a animal what type of animal would you be. (shows personality and how you think of your self. Are you a Pit bull?.. a pit bull that is misunderstood and always pushed to the side?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores in February 2012.

Interview

Not thorough enough; sucked. A bit disorganized and disjointed throughout the process. Unimpressed with the interviewer's skills as it seemed like she did not really know what she was doing and did not have any other managerial experience apart from Jacksons

Pay was way too low.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores (Tacoma, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Calls you to see if you're available for personal interview, sets one up, and then asks you questions like "What pros do you think you could bring to this company?" or "Tell me of a time when you went above and beyond for someone when you didn't have too..." Then they will tell you "I have a few more interviews to do, but I may be calling you back.

Interview Questions

• What are your future goals for working in this company? Because if you tell the manager "Well I want your job one day....that'd be nice" They feel competition and end up not hiring you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacksons Food Stores (Boise, ID) in June 2009.

Interview

!/2 hour general questions related to retail experience and convenience stores.