Jacobson Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jacobson Companies Interview Questions

2.4

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Tallahassee, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The team will ask you tricky questions like show you functions that are incorrect. The team is not looking for any other members. This is a waste of your time. This process is a joke. If you are a engineer try not o answer the trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What does this loop function do in browser, without any arguments.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies.

Interview

I applied through a university website and was contacted a couple days later. They were very aggressive moving forward as they needed to fill positions quickly. I was offered a job an hour after interviewing in which I counter-offered and received another offer the next day. The first interview was casual over the phone and the main interview was with HR/management on-site a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They pitched EXTREMELY low. I negotiated 15% increase with $1k relocation and 2 weeks PTO.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Interview

This was a basic supervisor position interview process. I received a phone screen interview to see if I was interested after applying, then a I had a face to face interview with the operations manager, and then I had a panel interview with other operations supervisors to see if I would be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. Just explain how you can increase productivity and cut cost   Answer Question

I had a better job offer but I would've taken this one

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyandotte, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Wyandotte, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

I submitted my application three months before getting hired. I was called in for an interview with my resume. Hired on the spot as an entry level Warehouse Associate and started the following week.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Battle Creek, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

it was simple and easy kind of laid back they asked a few questions if not mistaking it was only one sheet of questions. i think the interviewer was more nervous then i was

Interview Questions

• am i dependaple with reliable transportation   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasnt one

Accounts Receivable Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Des Moines, IA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was a temporary employee who was offered a full time position at Jacobson. I did not take the position because the job/work environment was horrible. Everyone, including my supervisors, were extremely disorganized and unprofessional. They didn't even interview me. I literally received a phone call and started working there 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They reviewed my resume and hired me.   Answer Question

The position was boring and tedious. The days lasted forever. I absolutely hated it.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Not bad back about six years ago. Just had an interview with the branch manager and he hired me on the spot. But now the process is much more involved, with other managers and upper level management involved. I was hired while the company was still Global Transportation. Now that it was acquired by Jacobson, the process is much more involved.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The branch manager made an offer an I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Levittown, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed by the head Operations Manager and well as the Office Lead, during the interview they asked how long you planned to be with the company since they do not like to hire people who only plan to be there for a short period of time, ask how much you plan to make on a yearly basis (They decide what they are going to pay you regardless of your answer), then they give you a written exam to test your basic math knowledge. If you get the job they will follow up with a phone call letting you know and what they will pay you, if you accept you will be told to come in to start training orientation.

Interview Questions

• How long I planned to be with the company.   1 Answer

Consultant Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Camp Hill, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I got the call through my consulting company. Their manager first interviewed me through Skype and then asked me to drive down to Camp hill, PA at their office where he asked me to take a ASP.NET skills test.

Some of the questions from the test where:
    1) Basic OOPS concepts.
    2) Writing the "Foobar" program.
    3) Program to print the last day of every month from January 1970 to current month.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOPS concepts (Inheritance, Interfaces, abstract classes etc.)   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamaica, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Jacobson Companies (Jamaica, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 meetings and took approximately 2 months. Very slow and process driven. Main interview was a 3 hour dinner. Very detailed in explaining the company, position and the situation that currently existed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Just was very detailed. Asked a lot of "what would you do in this situation" type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in low on the salary, even though the salary range was much higher. I had to fight for an extra $10K