James Madison University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

James Madison University Interview Questions

Interviews at James Madison University

2.6

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

resume review was the key to everything, after getting your resume reviewed and got the in person interview, everything should be much easier. you do not get to negotiate the salary a lot here. this is still a institutional org

LINKers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

first-round group interview with a scenario analysis or several open-ended questions and then with a second-round individual interview with a several of scenario analysis and open-ended questions, most questions are asking about what's your personality or how's is your teamworking skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply for this position?   1 Answer

Student Employee Interview

Interview

Fairly straight forward hiring and interview process for the position I applied for. Staff was warm and welcoming to me. Fairly straight forward hiring and interview process for the position I applied for. Staff was warm and welcoming to me.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

Teacher approached me since I excelled in the course and enjoyed the material. I have a passion for the subject, an outgoing personality, and had been observed explaining items to my lab mates. These are the reasons why I believe the teacher approached me.

Machinist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at James Madison University in March 2018.

Interview

Simple, relaxed, short essay, for a chill interview. They ask very simple questions about your background and want to know you did well on the lathe and mill tests. Super easy, take your time, gotta love.

Administrative Assistant - College of Visual Arts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked to interview in person. I was given incorrect parking instructions, and couldn't find the interview room, and arrived late and panting from walking up multiple flights of stairs - make sure you arrive SUPER early if you are unfamiliar with campus!!

I walked into a room with about four senior level employees, all seated around a large conference table. The took turns asking me questions about my involvement with the arts and my experience with the role.

The questions didn't seem to have any logical order, and I felt it was a very poor interview. I was in a swivel chair on wheels, and had trouble keeping it still.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with this position?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you made art? What was it?   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with Microsoft Office?   Answer Question
    • How would you feel if someone asked you a question you didn't know?   4 Answers

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

Sort of stressful to apply in March and have to respond to the graduate school by April 15th...process went fairly quickly. Two women interviewed me, and one was snarky to the other, but kind to me. It made it all a bit awkward but i got a call back an hour after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the office of outreach and engagement?   Answer Question

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Fill out a survey application that asked questions about my experience. I then was told to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by two executives about my experience and provided a portfolio for them to review.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I asked a professor how I could gain some valuable skills in the field, I was studying and they offered me the position. It wasn't very formal, mostly because I had developed rapport with this professor before.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my research skills and what I hoped to learn from the position.   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with a panel of the analysts. They ask you about your workload, see how much you know about computers (super basic, like what operating systems do you know of?) and ending in a roleplay phone scenario

Interview Questions

• What operating systems are you familiar with?   1 Answer