James Madison University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

James Madison University Interview Questions

Interviews at James Madison University

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at James Madison University in January 2011.

Interview

A Friend told me about the position and helped me get the interview. It was easy enough to get in contact with them and to work in the interview around my class schedule. The interviewers were extremely laid back, and finished off the interview asking for a joke.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with a panel of the analysts. They ask you about your workload, see how much you know about computers (super basic, like what operating systems do you know of?) and ending in a roleplay phone scenario

Interview Questions

• What operating systems are you familiar with?   1 Answer

Building Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

It was comfortable and intuitive. There were no tough questions and I was confident leaving that I could contribute and it would be appreciated. I am appreciative of the experience.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Fill out a survey application that asked questions about my experience. I then was told to come in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by two executives about my experience and provided a portfolio for them to review.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

I met with the department chair and she simply asked questions about my experience. Then I taught a class with one faculty member present. This wasn't so bad and was fairly easy relative to tenure-track professor interviews.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I asked a professor how I could gain some valuable skills in the field, I was studying and they offered me the position. It wasn't very formal, mostly because I had developed rapport with this professor before.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my research skills and what I hoped to learn from the position.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

Teacher approached me since I excelled in the course and enjoyed the material. I have a passion for the subject, an outgoing personality, and had been observed explaining items to my lab mates. These are the reasons why I believe the teacher approached me.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at James Madison University.

Interview

Sort of stressful to apply in March and have to respond to the graduate school by April 15th...process went fairly quickly. Two women interviewed me, and one was snarky to the other, but kind to me. It made it all a bit awkward but i got a call back an hour after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the office of outreach and engagement?   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by all day interview. Given tour of office, was interviewed by the entire staff, the Search Committee, taken to lunch, Met with leadership team and was asked to respond to two case studies. Then was interviewed by leadership team. Met with the director and given a campus tour.

Interview Questions

• What would make you feel valued in your workplace?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at James Madison University (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Submit materials, phone interview, on-campus interview with lots and lots of interview sessions.