Jetstar Airways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jetstar Airways Interview Questions

Interviews at Jetstar Airways

3.1

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

1. Information session
    2. One to one interview
    3. group activities/discussion
    The interview was not that bad, especially if you done some research on the internet regarding to the company, you will have some idea what to expect. Especially on glassdoor you can find most of the companies information plus real-experiences reviews, you can find lots of thing here.

Interview Questions

• Q. Tell me one thing about you that needs to improve?   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online 2 weeks later the sent an email saying I was successful throughly to the second stage. Second stage was a group interview quite a lot of other people applying for the same position was a bit nerve racking but a cruisy day

Cabin Crew Interview

Interview

Tell more about yourself and why you want to join Jetstar.
    Group work activity where they will give you a scenario; Your plane has crashed in the Sahara desert and you have a list of 20 items when you can only choose 5. Choose 5 and explain why you chose them.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a train and there were 2 empty seats, one beside an elderly and one beside a toddler, who would you sit with and why?   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

3 rounds phone interview then went on to an assessment day where we did group activities and then we got called back for 1 on 1 interviews it’s a good and fun day just enjoy yourself and be yourself

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Sydney (Australia)) in March 2016.

Interview

It’s a long process but definitely worth it if you want to get into flying.
    Basically applied online, then asked to do a one way video interview which consists of 6-8 questions (you get the question first then have 1 minute to answer it and can only re-record your answer once- so two attempts in total). If you’re successful in that, they invite you to a recruitment day which can go from 2-4 hours. Basic introduction to the company, then you have to work in a group and show you can work as a team - our scenario was we have just crashed in the dessert and could only take 5 items from the plane - tell us what you would take and why (no right or wrong but the recruiters are watching how well you work as a team). After that, they interviewed one on one. If you’re successful, they will email you to complete a medical. Once you complete a full medical, including urine and saliva test, hearing and eye sight test and full body physical examination. If successful in that, the final stage is police check for your ASIC. If you compete all these stages, they will then ask you to complete ground school - ours took 4.5 weeks. This is unpaid. You are then offered the job with a contract once you successfully compete Ground School. This can be tough. A lot of exams- 4 days in Melbourne - hotel and flights are paid for.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the day in the life of a cabin crew exists of   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essendon (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Essendon (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Video interview pretty straight forward approx 2 attempts per question. Followed by assessment day which had group activities and one on one interview. Medical/security screening then 5 weeks of written and practical assessments

Interview Questions

• Examples of what you would do on certain scenarios on the plane   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sakai, Osaka (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Sakai, Osaka (Japan)) in October 2017.

Interview

Arm reach -> grooming check & catwalk -> Group discussion -> Resume check -> Final interview / In-flight announcement reading (English & Japanese) , and few Japanese questions -> Swimming test

Interview Questions

• Could you sell me this product for me? (by showing their taxfree product brochure)   1 Answer

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Adelaide (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial part of the process was quick. Got accepted for an online interview and then an Assessment day within maybe 2 weeks. I was accepted after the AD to have my referees contacted and was told we would hear back within a week. Well that was back at the end of October and still haven't heard anything. I've tried contacting the recruitment people and have been told numerous times that I would hear by the end of the week (been told this for several weeks now), bit disappointing especially now that it's xmas and I'll be waiting even longer. If I am unsuccessful, an email saying so would be appreciated rather than me waiting around for so long..

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you need to improve on yourself?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I was recommended to apply as my friend would go on about how fantastic her job was, I was eager to apply! I applied online through Altara and was invited to do an online interview. Once that was complete, it took approx. 2 weeks to get back to me and I was invited to a Group Assessment day.

All I can say is, what a disappointing day and waste of my time/money.

They get your hopes up, give you all of the signs thinking you have the job when you leave only to be emailed a day later unsuccessful, and stating "We will not be giving feedback" after the interview - why? Were there even any openings, or was this simply something you do quarterly to keep the recruitment team in a job...

They advise you it is 4.5 weeks unpaid training - really? How do they expect anyone over the age of 21 to survive off no pay for a month, and then another month of work without pay?

There was approx. 40 people in the room, all hoping to be successful. I ensured I asked relevant questions, and was one of few people who did, so would have loved to find out what it was that made me not get through.

My advice would be to apply through Jetstar/Virgin/Qantas direct, at least you will get paid for training and will get penalty rates, ha!

Interview Questions

• How will you cope with the 4.5 week no pay during training?   Answer Question
    • Give me a run down of your previous experience?   Answer Question
    • What attributes do you think would be required to be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Cabin Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jetstar Airways (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2013.

Interview

Made up of a number of stages, including 1 to 1 interview, skin check test, group activity, self-introduction and announcement reading. Candidates who passed each round would be brought to the next round, those who did not make it would leave. There were long waits between each round.