JobGiraffe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at JobGiraffe

2.0

Sort:

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JobGiraffe.

Interview

I applied through CareerBuilder. After a few weeks, I received a call saying they were interested in pursuing me as a candidate. Right on the spot they asked me why I wanted to work there. After a phone interview, they asked me to come in for a behavioral interview. After the behavioral interview, they called me in a few days to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that your organization was in crisis. What did you do?   Answer Question

Technology Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Downers Grove, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on line to one of their postings. I was contacted the next day for a brief phone interview. I was then asked to come in for a face to face. They had me fill out an application and build a profile on their computer. I was told the client was in a rush to fill the job and that I would be sent on an in person interview the following Monday. The interview never happened. I was told the client never responded to the recruiter. The posting was pulled down and the recruiter never made good on her commitment to find me a job. I later applied for another job with the same recruiter and never got a response. I have since landed a job with a major company and still get calls from other companies expressing an interest.

This was obviously a scam. A fake posting to build a book of potential candidates. I should have known better than to trust a company that uses the same logo as a well known toy store.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I received a telephone call from THE BEST RECRUITER: Julieann. Since I had time to spare, we began the interview immediately. Julieann took detailed notes on my responses and was very encouraging.

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you in a job: Salary or Location or Daily Responsibilities?   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Vernon Hills, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call to come in to their office for a interview and skills evaluation. Im a recent college graduate and for them to have me test my Microsoft Office and typing speed skills seemed very unnecessary. After the interview, the recruiter informed me she would be in contact with me if a position came up matching my interest. I have seen postings from this recruiter that matched my interest and have applied to those postings just to be told that I should contact the recruiter. Anyways, I have yet to receive any follow through about any position and feel as though I wasted my time meeting with the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How are your Microsoft Office skills?   1 Answer

Escrow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Geneva, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Brandi was friendly at Job Giraffe and was open to hearing my needs in my job search. It took some time till she found a good fit but she made it happen quickly once we set the interview. Great follow through!

Interview Questions

• Type of job qualifications- testing Microsoft/ excel   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Vernon Hills, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

This woman flat out told me with only 3 years of experience and no college degree, she would have a hard time placing me. And even though I currently have job where I'm being harassed, I'm lucky to have it and my salary, and maybe I should stay where I am. It's been months, haven't heard a word or peep from her. Spent hours working on the skills tests, she never gave me my results.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to give up such a high salary when you don't have a degree?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Interview

The interview went great, testing took a while so I had spent a few hours there. I felt positive about a good outcome at that point. Then we discussed the position I was interested in however, it wasn't technically available because the employer was talking about possibly hiring someone a different way. The only other position that was a good match was a dead end position - no opportunity for growth. So I declined to pursue that one. I followed up with my recruiter numerous times throughout a couple weeks and she had no new info on the position I was interested in, no new leads, and seemed to be bothered by my follow up calls. I have yet to hear back from Job Giraffe with any new opportunities.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at JobGiraffe in April 2016.

Interview

Open office area. The attitude of the person in the 1st desk to greet you was less than welcoming. I felt like I was bothering her. When I met with the Rep I talked to on the phone. She said she didn't receive my resume. I found it within 2 seconds. When she printed the email I sent. She obviously didn't look on the other side. Whoop...there it is. Why is she employed and I am not?

Interview Questions

• Do you have support experience?   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Schaumburg, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview went well and was super easy. The interviewer was really friendly and asked all the right questions. I felt like she had a genuine interest in what I was looking for and wanted to help me. She got me an interview with a client almost immediately. That interview went well too however they choose to go with another candidate. Although I didn't get the job I would absolutely work with JobGiraffe in the future.

Interview Questions

• What types of positions are you looking for?   1 Answer
    • Would you consider less salary if there is room for growth?   1 Answer

Recent Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at JobGiraffe (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was super casual, we just talked and went over my resume. They told me they would contact me with any positions they thought I would be interested in. Jobgiraffe is supposed to help place you in jobs. They send your resume out to the companies and if they are interested help you set up an interview.