JobGiraffe Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Karen Rae

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Start in Recruiting and Staffing"

Former Employee - Recruiting & Staffing Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruiting & Staffing Consultant

Pros

The small company size enables you to learn a lot! People at JG in my experience were very open to share information about multiple sides of the business and I loved that.

Cons

Most of the placements were administrative and relatively small potatoes in the recruiting world.

2. "Contractor through JobGiraffe"

I worked at JobGiraffe full-time

Pros

They will help you find a job

Cons

All the money you earn gets collected by JobGiraffe and then JobGiraffe will pay you out your share. They aren't transparent about the money being made. When I confronted my agent about the money coming in, he had his manager call me back. Manager tries to inform me they don't make any money for themselves and "only keep enough to cover taxes of employment" ...

The line I heard more than ever from them prior to this conversation was "The more money you make, the more we make." They must train their employees to say that line because I heard if from 3 different agents there--- which cannot possibly be true if they "only keep enough money to cover taxes."

Bottom line is, we (contractors) know that you are making money on us. All I would ask is that you be more transparent about the amount and not feed us ridiculous lines like "we only keep enough money to cover taxes."

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your contractors.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at JobGiraffe full-time

Pros

The commission structure is great for the employees. If you are good at the job you will make good money. Small enough that you can get to know everyone, but big enough that you can make a career.

Cons

At the start you have to put in the work and learn to adapt to different situations, but this is only a con if you think it is.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for growth

"Love my job!"

Pros

Very satisfying to know that because of the work we do, we are able to help job seekers improve their employment situation.

Cons

We are not able to help everyone.

"Recruiting and Staffing Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruiting and Staffing Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiting and Staffing Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at JobGiraffe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome People. Great Company Events. Management and Owners are easily accessible and very nice/understanding. Flexibility between team work and individual work. Good Compensation. Nice offices.

Cons

Sometimes you need to work from home to keep up with work load, but if you work smart it pays off through commissions.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving with the times! Stay ahead of the curve like you have been!

"Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Recruiting & Staffing Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiting & Staffing Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at JobGiraffe (Less than a year)

Pros

Meeting new people daily, developing relationships with applicants and clients as well as working in an environment where things are always changes are just a few of the things I like most about JobGiraffe!

Cons

Developing relationships with other consultants is sometimes hard because we are in different offices however everybody has been great since the start.

Advice to Management

My advice would be too continue to expand the company and continue to adapt to technology and market changes.

"great experience temping"

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

I worked at JobGiraffe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked through JobGiraffe for four years on a couple different occasions. They found two temporary positions for me that ended up lasting 1+ years. The interview process was very straightforward and the consultant had presented multiple job opportunities that I would be a good fit for. The client companies I worked for had great work environments and personable staff, which lead to my extended time working for them. As we all know being a job seeker is a nerve wrecking experience, but JobGiraffe provided great support throughout the process and gave me great insight on how to improve my resume and interview skills in order to land the job. Overall, the experience between the client companies and the JG consultant was smooth and communication between the two was excellent. I would absolutely refer friends and family to JG if they are looking for permanent or temporary professional positions.

Cons

The cons of the interview process were all of the computer skills tests, which were very time consuming. However, it gave me insight as to my knowledge of different office programs and where I need improvements.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide great support to your staff. Their happiness and longevity with the company shows through their motivation to find people positions and provide us, the job seekers, great support as well.

"So far, so good!"

I have been working at JobGiraffe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've really enjoyed my time working at JobGiraffe. My co-workers are all very nice, and were very welcoming when I joined the team. Our CEO is available and always willing to 'jump into the trenches' with us when things get hectic.

Also, helping people to find full-time/permanent positions (as opposed to working for a temp agency) is incredibly rewarding. I'll never forget the first time I saw my work lead to someone getting a good-paying, stable job. It was great!

Cons

If things get slow in the office, then the energy in the room can dip a little.

Advice to Management

Let's bring one some new people and work on making our offices more inviting!

JobGiraffe Response

Jun 3, 2016 – Communications Director

We've been working hard to take your advice to heart. As you have probably noticed, in the past four months we have brought on six new people and re-started our summer internship program. We hope... More

"Great company and great longevity"

I have been working at JobGiraffe full-time

Pros

90% of the staff has been with the company for a very long time

Cons

Need more jobs on the south side. South side candidates come in to us but can never get local jobs.

Advice to Management

None. You are pretty great

JobGiraffe Response

Nov 10, 2015 – Communications Director

We consider our consultants to be our most important asset. We will work to generate more opportunities in the southern city and suburbs. Be on the lookout for a new downtown office come next year... More

"Consultant/Temp Manager"

Current Employee - Consultant/Temp Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant/Temp Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at JobGiraffe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This job is constantly changing - you never get bored, each day brings on different challenges. We are busy all the time! Get to meet/interact with so many different people on a daily basis. Love it!

Cons

We can't always find everyone a job, which can be a little disappointing at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve the staff with changes and updates with new trends and technology. Keep up with adding new incentives wherever possible. Love the summer hours!