Jockey International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Jockey International (Kenosha, WI) in July 2011.

Interview

I was called by the HR representative who asked if it was a good time to talk. I of course sad yes and we had a mini phone interview, which I was not expecting. It was fine though and she was extremely nice. Mostly questions about my resume, why i want the job, and logistical things (would you have a place to live/a way to get to work. She called me a few days later to schedule an on site interview. I had 4 interviews that day. I met with 3 different managers and finally the same woman from HR I had spoken to on the phone. I received a call within an hour after I left that they were going to move forward with me and speak to my references (and they called all 3). I was offered a job a few days later pending my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a group project with a group that you didn't get along with? (and lots of follow up questions about how I handled it/wished I would have handled it better)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process was grueling. This should have been a red flag. Whole thing was 6 weeks. First interview was with Store manager, 2 and half weeks later phone interview with area manager, which I had to keep following up with, because she didn't call me when she said she was. Third interview was with regional manager, which got a call the same day as interview, which was the most realistic and professional interview. Than 2 weeks later never heard anything and was so baffled at the non-communication and common courtesy to a candidate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Columbus, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Many interviews, phone with HR, with Store Manager, and phone interview with Area Manager. The process takes a long time, the Store Manager cannot hire without approval from Corporate and the Area Manager. Each interview was different, the HR phone interview went well, the in person interview went well, but the Area Manager interview was long and I felt that the decision to not hire me had already been made

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Jockey International (North Charleston, SC) in October 2013.

Interview

A few questions are asked, if Store manager likes you then you have an interview with Regional Manager. I was not sure if I got the job until the store manager said she needed me to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get a quarter more then what the position starting pay was

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jockey International (Edinburgh, IN).

Interview

Manager was kinda rude, told me I'd be able to be keyholder, then gave job to someone else, I felt very mislead, and the manager at the time seemed to be, at later turned out to be somewhat of a bully.

Anonymous Employee in Lee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Lee, MA).

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the store manager. After she left the store for employment elsewhere I was called by the former district manager to come in and meet with the regional. They met me in the food court at the outlets. The office at the store is too small to have a meeting.

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Akron, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

In person interview was over 2 hours. Was asked a series of questions then talked on a personal level. Built rapport quickly. Very easy going and upbeat. That area manager is no longer with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Jockey International (Jackson, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview by D.M. followed by back ground and drug test then interview with H.R. and Direct of Stores. It was that you should dress professional for the job. Recent interviews have consisted of looking for the cheapest help even if they arrive late or are not dress professional. Also looking for more youthful appearances.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Nashville, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with District Manager, followed by in-person interview with District Manager. I was also considered for their flagship store, so I had a phone interview with the Vice President of Retail, as well as in-person interviews with Director of Stores, Director of Merchandising and Allocation, Director of Retail Marketing and Manager of Training when flown to the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite product? Tell me why you like it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Jockey International (Kenosha, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process very extensive. I has a phone interview with the are manager and then I has a 2nd interview with area manager in person. The thirds interview was phone interview with regiona; manager The fourth interview 5 days later in person, The fifth interview was with h/r

Interview Questions

• nothing surprising, the same general interview questions. Just know the history of jockey and ask questions   Answer Question