Joe V's Smart Shop Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Joe V's Smart Shop

Sort:

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Online and got a phone call the next day. It was a phone interview, few questions about your work experience, how your boss would describe you in three words. Then once you passed that they invite you to group interview. Basically alot of people applying for the same job. There were 18 people in there. Only 7 went to 1-1 interview. In the group interview they asked three question: What position you're applying for, What work experience do you have, and what's an example of a bad experience you had in customer services and how you would react when the roles are reversed. They made us write our name in a piece of paper (like in elementary school when you fold paper and write name on it). They also made us do a skit for joe v's (a commercial or slogan or song that would make customers come back to store).
    Advice if you're going to the group interview make sure you stand out and i mean make sure they really know who you are. Answer the question with confident and give great examples. They are basically looking for that confident people person. Look at them when speaking and don't make the answers short but not too long. Obviously i wasn't part of the 7 people but i now know what i didn't do right. Good Luck to you.

Interview Questions

• What position you're applying for.
      What work experience do you have.
      what's an example of a bad experience you had in customer services and how you would react when the roles are reversed.   Answer Question

Scanner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop.

Interview

Well I'm pretty much glad that I read up on the joe V's interview process when I found this website. . I read the previous comment before I went in for my interview. ... I applied on the Joe V's website for the scanner position gave it about weeks and called about my application (to maximize your chance in getting your application looked over, call in the morning to reach someone in h.r.) and spoke to someone in human resources . I couldn't believe that she called me back within 15 mins!!??? She did a phone interview with me which took like 10 mins going over my employment background and a brief questionnaire on why you feel like you are a great candidate for joe V's.
                              Once you pass that phone interview they will ask you if you can come in for another interview (bUT it's actually a group interview) and once you come in you will be in a conference room with other applicants, you will introduce yourselves and they will ask you to say three things about yourself and one can not be true about you and you have to guess which one is not. The 2nd exercise is you all will go to the register and role play: Customer/Scanner. H.r. will observe this exercise to see how your customer service skills are... lastly they will take you through an grocery aisle to see how you clean, organize the items on the shelf.. After that's all done you will then go back to the conference room and wait to be called for your 3 min finalized one on one interview with the manager.... If you got it the will want to extend employment with you.... they will ask you to sign the paper showing that you accept their offer but if not they will say: we will let you know. ... I heard through anonymous that they don't drug test. ..
    I hope that this was informative. .. I tried to be very detailed and step by step...
     Good luck on your interview!

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone or in a group?   2 Answers
    • Name three things that your employer would say about you...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always show teamwork and have a great attitude and smile... always ask questions about the company. ..

Scanner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop in August 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call about a month after I applied to work for Joe V's asking me to come in for an interview. I showed up for the interview and it turned out to be a group interview. They asked each person about themselves, and had us do a group acting exercise. Then, they called out a list of names and asked them to come into the hall. Those candidates were not selected for hire. The people whose names were not called were then asked one by one to come into a managers office for an individual interview. From there, they tell you if you will be hired or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked us break into small groups and act out a skit/commercial based upon a topic they gave us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy, simple questions about work history. How did you deal with an upset customer. If there was a conflict with a co worker what is the best course of action. Simple questions about experience, if you would be more comfortable working alone or with a group. Then basically if you are hired you submit to a background check and if you clear the background check you get a call and begin training.

Interview Questions

• Doescribe a time where you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply online
    They'll call you
    You go to the store
    Two parts
    1-) Nice guy
    2-) tough guy

I went 30 mins early, but since I was early we started our interview early. I was dressed in business casual. The first man was nice! I was answering questions, telling him my good attributes, telling him I was available all day. Second, was this other guy. He told me he was there for 15 years. He kept bringing up school and if I wanted to go back. I said no time soon I'm focused on working and gaining skills. (Wrong answer I guess) every single answer I gave he said "I'm confused". I wouldn't change anything I did. If you have more experience and Is great at talking, go 30 mins ahead of time and get you that solo interview.

Facility Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Joe V's Smart Shop (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First they will call you and have a phone interview. Then you will have to go to a group interview. The interview is like an icebreaker snd then if they like you right there they will take you one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer