Johnson Service Group (IL) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Johnson Service Group (IL) Interview Questions

Interviews at Johnson Service Group (IL)

2.3

Sort:

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I found out about this position through my university's career website. I submitted my resume and cover letter and about a week later I had a video interview. Less than a week after that I received an email offer, which I accepted.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (Spokane, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

DO NOT APPLY FOR JOHNSON SEARCH GROUP. They are a dehumanizing company that makes their applicants feel bad about themselves. If you are looking for a company where all of the employees only care about the money they make, then this place is for you. If you are someone who cares about others, then do not waste your time even applying or interviewing. First, there was a phone interview where I was invited to come in for an in person interview. At the in person interview, the interviewer was a complete jerk and there would never be a day that I would ever work for that awful man. Thank god the interview was in person because it taught me how terrible the culture and the company really is.

Interview Questions

Johnson Service Group (IL) Response

Jun 8, 2016 – Social Media & Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We're sorry that you were unhappy with your interview. It is certainly not our goal to dehumanize anybody. Our Account Executive roles in... More

Benefits Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (Charleston, SC) in September 2017.

Interview

Easy. Very detailed but smooth. I was contacted, they scheduled a interview. I went to interview and accepted position. I started 2 weeks later. I do not regret taking this position but I do feel like to path to permanent should have been more detailed in explanation.

Maintenance Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Went directly to the Santa Clara Water District to interview with them, not Johnson Service Group. When the Water District decided they wanted me they told Johnson and all I did with them was fill out the employment paperwork. I was interviewed by two people in management positions and it was very casual, mainly asking about my experiences in the past and what makes a great working experience/environment.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would be okay working with chemical pesticides.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (New York, NY).

Interview

Informal, easy, no real interview questions. A lot about your background and previous experience. Can you perform the job that they want you to right this second, and nothing about what your future goals are..

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (Spokane, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

was contacted by management. Phone screen and then asked to come in for a interview. It went well, took a test for personal traits, contacted a few days later and then offered. It was a great process actually.

Interview Questions

• Are you a Farmer or a Hunter   1 Answer

Senior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL).

Interview

4 total interviews including a cognitive/personality test- surprisingly quite accurate- Two meetings with VIP, one with two different panels: business account executives with recruiters and next with the administrative team.

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (Sanford, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Application
    I applied online to Magneti Marelli through this 3rd party recruiter.
    I then interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Sanford, NC) in December 2017.

Interview
    The position: EHS Manager in Sanford NC.
    There was no job description because they want someone to replace the current rep in the role, although she has not been notified.

I was contacted about a Magneti Marelli position, by an outside recruiter, Johnson Service Group, N. Charleston, SC.
    The process lasted 3.5 months, during which, I had to take around 25 calls, over 30 emails, over 40 texts. During this time, I was in close contact with the JSG Branch Manager, and responded to her promptly at each request.

There were 2 onsite interviews, the first being a video meeting in Auburn Hills MI, and the second being a face to face meeting at Sanford NC
    I successfully passed each test and was advanced over and over to the next step. I then made it past the final step and waited for a reply, which did not come until I prompted it. When they wanted something from me, I got lightning fast emails, texts, and calls.
    JSG then gave me some cryptic message that Magneti is dropping the search for an EHS Manager and searching for an EHS Specialist. (That doesn't make sense because they are looking for someone that can perform better than the 20-year veteran in the role. A specialist has typically 2-5 years experience and will not have the desired skills or abilities.)
    After 3+ months of investment and loss of 2 vacation days, Magneti ignored my request for reimbursement of my reasonable expenses (which have been honored by all other interviewing companies.)
    They refused to even give me an answer, thank me for my time, or provide any feedback.
    Summary: After all my investment and personal expenses, Magneti and Johnson Service Group let me complete the entire interview process with close communication throughout until the end when they changed directions, not providing me with reimbursement or feedback. When I tried to contact the JSG rep and Magneti site Operations and HR reps, my correspondence was not acknowledged and my emails and calls were blocked. JSG told me by email that the Magneti rep "was no longer at the site" but could not bear to tell me this lie over the phone/ would not take my calls. I also tried to contact the Magneti General Manager, who rather than explaining the situation, ignored 3 emails.

This is unethical business practice, despicable treatment of applicants, and plain rude. I don't appreciate the theft of my money and time. It could have been much better spent, as these were my last two vacation days before Christmas.

Interview Questions

• The company only provided only rudimentary questions relating to general working background.   1 Answer

Johnson Service Group (IL) Response

Feb 16, 2018 – Social Media Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience. We’re sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We strive for all of our candidates to... More

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an offer, which they rescinded less than two days before I was to begin my new position without much of an explanation as to why. When I asked for clarification, communication ceased.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Johnson Service Group (IL) (New York, NY).

Interview

This not one of those lame interview processes where they ask you ridiculous hypothetical questions. It is more along the lines of: tell me about you, what motivates you, etc. This was one of the reasons I chose JSG before taking much of any other interviews. They run it how you should unlike a lot of other staffing firms.