Jumpstart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jumpstart Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.2

Site Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

Started with a phone screen followed by two in - person interviews. Standard interview process where I met with two members of the management team. I was received an interview process rather quickly and the whole process only took a month.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

It was a typical interview, that was not too difficult but also not too easy. You are asked why you are interested in the program and what you can bring to it, as well as your greater interest in decreasing the childhood education gap. Then you are given some classroom scenarios which you are asked how you would tackle.

Interview Questions

• How did you find this position and why are you interested in it?   Answer Question

Jumpstart Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Irvine, CA).

Interview

The interview was really easygoing. They ask you many questions that relates to how passionate you are about education. They also give you a few scenario questions relating to classroom and behavior management.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two kids started fighting? Why do you want to work for us? Do you agree with our mission?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with one interviewer and three interviewees. The interviewer asked us each the same questions. It was very casual and the interviewer was very nice. One interviewee came in pretty late so we started ahead. When she arrived, the interviewer was kind and we just continued with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience with kids.
      Talk about your experience with community service.
      Talk about your experience in a diverse setting.
      What qualities are important to have when dealing with kids these young?   Answer Question

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I recently interviewed over the phone with the region hiring person for the site manager position. The interview was not difficult. Questions were typical interview questions. I was asked to give an overview of my resume, and discuss some experiences working with college students. I was also asked to talk about challenges of working with that population. Over all the interview process took about half hour. I did not get the job but they were really good about quickly getting back to me to let me know they were going with someone else. Communication remained open.

Interview Questions

• What are some challenges of working with college students.   Answer Question

Development Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial online application, was emailed to set up phone interview, followed up with in person interview. There was a two-week period prior to hearing anything back, which is standard for most online applications.

Interview Questions

• How well do you do with support tasks such as taking notes during meetings?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

Applied through sending resume and cover letter over email. Set up interview over email. Interview was only one conversation over the phone with supervisor. Offer for internship was made later in the week by supervisor.

Jumpstart Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. It lasted around 30mins or so. Questions were normal, nothing particularly hard, or weird. Questions were mostly asked about past experiences and how would you teach/deal with kids in classrooms. Someone hypothetical scenario questions were asked also. The interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly hard or weird just the questions that are asked on the application form   Answer Question

Jumpstart Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Received invitation for interview approximately three weeks after submitting application online. Conducted 20 minute phone interview. Interviewer was very engaging and provided immediate feedback. They also provided feedback on culture of organization. Interviewer encouraged responses and was very friendly. Provided many opportunities for candidate to ask questions; and gave excellent, detailed, answers to every question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Jumpstart? How do you prioritize tasks?   Answer Question

Interview

I filled out an application online on Jumpstart website. I had an on campus interview the next week. It was a very laid back interview. Received an email a few days later saying I got into the program.