Jumpstart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Jumpstart Interview Questions

Interviews at Jumpstart

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

I emailed the representative for the university, she contacted me back and told me to complete the online application in which I did. A few days later I was called in for an in person interview. She was very nice and calming. The interview room was in the individual prep room with had tons of arts and crafts so It lightened the situation a bit. The site managers were fairly young and light hearted.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a disruptive or problem child.   1 Answer
    • How would you resolve a dispute between corps members?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me a position on the spot. You do however have time to think about it.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

Basic Questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

It was one of the most unique interviews I'd ever been in. They don't interrogate you across the room like most interviewers. They have crayons and markers and posterboards and pipe cleaners laid out all across the table. They ask you to draw pictures and think of scenarios and design activities.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. The best thing to do is focus everything back to the benefit of the child or children. It was all basic interview questions, just catered toward playing with and being around children.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They basically pay you minimum wage and they let you know how many hours you must work. You don't find out where or what preschool you will work at until they are done with hiring and they place everyone according to where they live.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

The online application is lengthy and requires a lot of detail. Best to have past experience working with children either by some kind of volunteer work or community service. The application is pretty simple and straightforward, just answer honestly and make sure you sound ardent about what you do.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward questions about working with children and in a group with other member and what would you do in certain situation. Pretty much questions similar to what was asked in the online application.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just figuring out which days you'll work depending on your schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Questions were based on handling certain situations in a classroom while working with children under the age of 5. They also involved questions about emergency situations that might arise. Many of the questions were directed towards the importance of early literacy. I was also asked personal questions such as what skill sets I had that would make me a good fit for the job, prior experience with children, willingness to commit, etc.

Interview Questions

• A 3-year-old is struggling to learn how to spell his/her name, and you know that one of their favorite activities is playing with blocks. How can you help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Half an hour phone interview. The lady who interviewed me was extremely warm and friendly, and the process was not intimidating at all. Felt more like I was chatting with a friend, which was really nice. I had been asked to submit a long application form (that had many questions) before the phone interview, and she asked questions based on what I had written on my form. I was offered the position at the end of the phone call.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage your time with all the commitments you already have with school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

Short interview with basic questions about my experience with education, my thoughts on education and why I agree/disagree with the mission statement of americorps. I applied online and inmediately was contacted for a in-person 1:1 interview with the chapter supervisor. The interview was informal, comfortable and fairly easy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jumpstart (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with one interviewer and three interviewees. The interviewer asked us each the same questions. It was very casual and the interviewer was very nice. One interviewee came in pretty late so we started ahead. When she arrived, the interviewer was kind and we just continued with the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experience with kids.
      Talk about your experience with community service.
      Talk about your experience in a diverse setting.
      What qualities are important to have when dealing with kids these young?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Jumpstart (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2018.

Interview

It was a group interview where you had to work with a group and discuss different scenarios and create a conclusion. Everyone was super nice and they got back to us within. week.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Jumpstart.

Interview

Group interview was conducted, where we were asked to answer specific questions, as well as worked together to complete group activities. Overall the process was good and really focused on working together as a group, as the job is very collaborative with other team members.