K-Designers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

1.7

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I felt the first interview was realistic. The manager was professional and straight forward. He told me all of the salesmen he'd hired the previous December were all gone for one reason or another. That was the first red flag. The second was that I'd be expected to cover all of my own expenses. The third was I'd be expected to travel throughout Oregon and WA. He explained they work an area at a time. Not a biggee, but I'd be expected to work a 6 day week and possibly long daily hours to make the good money his best salesmen were making. I'd hoped to cover a territory near to my home. I was told I'd be putting 40k miles a year on my car. The anticipated costs are $10k a year, but this he said is covered because their salesmen were all making $60k+ a year to start. When I got home I looked up the company on Glassdoor and I became concerned with the negative comments. I always take them into consideration when reading them. More people are ready to tell the world of bad experiences as a form of revenge. In any case, I felt too much concern to waste my time going any further. I have disregarded negative past employee comments and paid dearly for doing so.

Interview Questions

• The questions were about my background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at K-Designers (Burnsville, MN).

Interview

The interview was typical upfront sales interview. Much of it was inquiry about my previous work and also detailing what the job entailed. There were three interviews in all. It is important to ask questions about the job so that you could be completely informed.

Interview Questions

• What was your past earnings?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straight forward with the commission detailed.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

With only a 5-minute phone interview before a provisional offer of employment was made, I find it hard to believe this company has much of a legitimate future. Began to do research before I called back in to turn down there offer. I found that while many felt their training was decent, the fact that your training period is unpaid tells me that they do not believe in their own product.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working?   1 Answer

Independent Contractors/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K-Designers (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone Call to set up first interview. Day one (First Interview of three (3) Total with Three Different Managers) If you did well, you received a call back to schedule the second interview etc.

Interview Questions

• What were you future plans working for a company like theirs?   1 Answer

M D In Portland OR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Portland, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

First interview I did not like the branch manager. Then the second I liked him but a felt he was not telling the whole story. The manager was very enthusiastic and said he was a straight shooter. Now I keep wondering why he keeps putting me off. Is he on the up and up

Interview Questions

• Can you work wekends
      What have you done in the past
      1 Answer
    • Do you have a car   1 Answer

Negotiation

Have not got that far which is kind of crazy because he keeps putting me off

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Gold River, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Everyone gets hired, A lot of questions asked, and does not really ask about qualifications. Barely asks about previous jobs or background checks. No real description about the job. Would not do it again.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at K-Designers (Gold River, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

phone screen, two interviews with managers at the office. you watch a movie before the first interview while filling out the application. They want to know your sales experience because its based on commission only. The interview was one-on-one every time.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I went in and filled out my application with my cousin and we were both interviewed in the back and given the job. It's quite easy. I brought my resume and she didn't even bother to take a look at it. She asked simple questions and asked my cousin the same question when I was finished answering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gold River, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K-Designers (Gold River, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Being new to Sacramento, CA, I unknowingly applied online for a job there. Received a phone call by a VERY rude lady the following day.

She was rude the whole conversation. She called around 3 PM & asked me if I could come in the following day & I informed her I couldn't (because it was of short notice) she then begin to tell me that "the reason that I come in the following day is so I can start that day as soon as they get my paperwork done" without telling me anymore information. I was then pressured into coming in the following day despite already telling her, No.

She then asked me to come in at 7 AM (keep in mind I had no idea what position she was referring to) & I informed her I wouldn't be able to. She then snapped her lips & sounded very annoyed saying, She will schedule me for 10 AM then. I simply replied with an "I guess." Shocked at her behavior as a recruiter/manager/HR or whoever she was, as she failed to mention who she even was, except for the fact that it was for K Designers. She was VERY pushy.

She then began spewing out the address & I stopped her to ask if she can email me the information so I can have a hard copy to look at, also some more information on this company. She then cut me off, "You know what, to be honest, I really don't have time to write you an email, so just write it down." She then continued giving me the address as I pretended to write it down, already knowing I was skipping this, just because of how rude she was.

She then said, "Come at 8:30" (even though we "agreed" on 10 PM) then hung up without even a goodbye.

Needless to say, I didn't show up for this "on the spot job" and I don't regret a thing. Except for the fact that I should've been nastier to this lady & not taking her name down & writing an official complaint to her company. People like this should not be working with other people. I would not trust these people to work on my home, if I can't even trust to work for them.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a demand then a question.

"Come in tomorrow at 7. We will do your paperwork then you can start that day."
      Answer Question

Rude recruiter

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at K-Designers in March 2014.

Interview

Two interviews and one week of training. Two one on one interviews then training at the Portland facility which was fantastic. They train you to be successful and if you follow their eight step program you will be. The management is very easy to work with and the training is on going.

Negotiation

Very Easy