KKR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KKR (Boston, IN) in September 2017.

Interview

In person interview at a nice hotel, interviewer was very friendly. Didn't have too much finance background, so we focused on experiences/qualitative questions. I think they wanted someone much more quant-y, and I think the interviewer decided early on that I wasn't right. 30 minutes interview.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KKR in May 2014.

Interview

Testing, background checks, reference checks, transcript verification, employment verification, and urine sample. Its like customs with a cavity search. For nothing bc ppl leave quickly anyway. People come and go quickly because they dont appreciate good people. And they are losing good people faster than you can blink!

Negotiation

The low ball you

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I got an referral from my previous senior manager. I got interview invitation three weeks after I submitted the application, five rounds with one super day in total. It was tough.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

Fairly simple, 30 min interview + phone interview. Went through resume and past experiences as well as what I do outside classes to develop my skills, and got asked about long term goals

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KKR.

Interview

They call you in and ask basic questions, some questions regarding the company so study up on them. Two or three people take turns interviewing you for 20 minutes each.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Basic resume and behavioral questions to gauge your personality to see if you will be a fit with the firm's culture. Nothing to sweat about because they care more about your personality than any technical questions. They didn't ask any specifics about the firm and actually told me about it in my interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Standard interview process. Questions like: what do you know about the company, why did you go to that college, what are you looking to get out of this, what are your skills in excel?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about interest rates. What do you think of them and their effects?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY).

Interview

I was brought in through a temp agency and pre-vetted for the role. After a month covering for a maternity leave I was asked to join the team permanently.

Interview Questions

• Aside from the standard career history and performance questions, my interviewer was more interested in finding out about my personality and who I was as a person since the job required fitting into an existing team.   1 Answer

Human Resources Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

This is a great company with such prestige that I was taken aback by the interview process. Met with two HR Generalists for 30 minutes each. Each interviewer spent a good 25 minutes talking about the job, company, and themselves, and didn't really bother asking me about my skills, experience, or what I could bring to the company. Was that an interview or was that a sales pitch/therapy session gone wrong? Needless to say, I walked out of there knowing all too well that I was NOT going to return to round two. I mean, how could I have? They didn't have enough information about me to make a fair assessment. Such an odd interview style, especially since it's HR conducting an interview for a HR position.

Good company, great compensation and benefits, but expect to work long hours.

Interview Questions

• Only question that was really asked was: Why are you looking to leave your current employer?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KKR (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Long interview process. COO was late by 30 mins and was distracted during the whole process. The manager was nice and spoke nicely but all the others were a total waste of time.