KONE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Contract Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KONE (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a role based in Allen, TX. I was contacted via email by a Chicago-area Recruiter to schedule a formal phone interview. We spoke a few days later. Her questions were standard-- current situation, reason for looking, overview of skills. The Recruiter gave an overview of KONE, but seemed to have very limited knowledge of the role itself, the office, key relationships, etc. In other words, the Q/A was one-sided and not very helpful for me, as the candidate. I continued doing research on my own via a family friend who worked at the facility. I was told I would receive and update shortly about next steps, but never heard back. A standard move for companies these days, but unprofessional nonetheless. I wish executive leadership would understand what a bad taste it leaves in the mouths of prospective talent, who have deep networks, and willingly share their experience with peers (and current employees, such is the case in my situation).

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have in Recruiting for roles such as those we currently have posted?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KONE (Moline, IL).

Interview

Simple interview, Phone screening and in person interview with the manager of the position. Difficulty was average, beautiful office space, and enjoyable experience. First class organization with a great reputation and the working environment is wonderful. Internship pays $10 an hour part time 20 hours a week. Typical 7 to 5 business hours.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you an a fellow employee had a disagreement and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Went through multiple interviews with several different managers in and outside of the area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here instead of your current role.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coal Valley, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KONE (Coal Valley, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really easy and laid back. Sat down with the interview lady who was from Texas and we went over work history and past experience. After that, the HR lady came and sat in to ask some questions of her own as well, asked questions about mechanical aptitude and if I knew the metric system well (they run everything in metric). Real easy and laid back interview, got a call back within the hour with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your worst quality when it comes to work?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KONE (Allen, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

I applied for this position in Allen, TX. It started with an email setting up for phone interview a week after I applied . HR (Ms Jin Crouch) is very professional and has very good knowledge of the position she interviewed. We discussed for almost an hour on the phone, followed by the onsite interview right after that. The on-site interview is easy. However, when I followed up later, they told me they decided to promote people from inside. I was thinking if that was the decision, why they wasted time of both sides going that far into the hiring process. But anyway, I appreciate HR taking their time to update and Ms Jin even called me to let me know about their decision, which not a lot of people do considering the high number of candidates they handles every day.

Interview Questions

• Go through my experience at previous companies, one by one.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KONE.

Interview

Position is posted internally and then externally. Candidates post on positions via KONE's Career Site and resumes are managed through Candidate Tracking System. Hiring manager conducts phone screens and then selects best candidates for formal face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• What would be your 90 day success plan moving into this position?   Answer Question

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KONE (Centennial, CO).

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth and not very drawn out. Went through I believe four rounds of interviews before an offer was made. The benefits package was very attractive and salary was about what I expected.

Interview Questions

The compensation seemed reasonable in terms of base salary, but they would not disclose the commission structure. Every time I asked they would give general answers and not give me the direct program.

Service Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KONE (Columbus, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

There were several interviews locally and on the phone before an offer was made. Each interview lasted 45-60 minutes. Spoke with several people at different levels in the company. Overall interview process was long, but not overly stressful.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KONE (Allen, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The process included 2 interview rounds. The first round was a telephonic screen by the hiring manager. The second was a conference call telephonic interview with 3 of the project managers in the R&D Department of the Allen TX Office.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Engineering?   1 Answer

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at KONE (Allen, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Kone hired a recruiting agency and they found my resume on monster. Went to the interview the next week. Interview was with the engineering manager in whose dept I was to be working in, noone else. Very typical interview, generic questions read from a list. The interviewing manager did try to glamorize an otherwise boring job. I was told there were travel opportunities and that it was a laid back work atmosphere, both were not true.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you solved a problem creatively.   1 Answer