KaBOOM! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KaBOOM! Interview Questions

3.2

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM! (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone screen interview, panel interview with potential co-workers. Manager arranging panel interview was incredibly disorganized, she proposed dates/time 3 times (which I agreed to) before actually scheduling one. Overall from phone to panel interview was 4 weeks, and they then never responded to followup enquiries. 6 weeks later, when I caught her on the phone, she said they filled the position 4 weeks before but hadn't told me in case another position came open. Very unprofessional - particularly as they would not have accepted that level of followup in the position itself! Interviewed for another position there, similar experience. I would never apply there again, and based on my experience would not donate either. Very unprofessional and discourteous.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews, one with my superior and another with the director of communications. Both were phone interviews and they were very accommodating to dates/times. However, it took a while for them to respond; I had to keep emailing them to finally receive an offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM! (Washington, DC).

Interview

Detailed over several weeks beginning with telephone screen, verification of resume and on-line application. Interviews were somewhat thorough. Some of the interviewers were clearly green or inexperienced.

Fundraising Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM! (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied, was contacted within 24 hours, had an interview with my direct supervisor, the division VP, and the Chief Mission Officer within a couple weeks, and within a few days of my final interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why is the mission important to you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM! in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted an application and received an email requesting a phone interview about a week later. Had the phone interview the following week. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Received an email the next day saying I wasn't moving on to the next round. Appreciated the prompt response, even if it was a negative.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM!.

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume, received a phone call to set up interview. Phone interview was pretty standard--thought it went well. Coordinator then sent me a written test kind of thing, which was basically designed to see how you problem solve.

Interview Questions

• Was awhile ago...questions related to play and problem solving   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM!.

Interview

Initial steps went well and quickly ... within 2 weeks of applying I'd had a phone interview, as well as in person interviews. I liked that I was working with a member of the business unit and not HR from the perspective that they know the job and are personally qualified to review my qualifications. However, I also found it odd that a formal HR/recruiting process seemed to be lacking. The in-person interview went well, but when I asked what next steps were, the person I asked (the decision maker) didn't know and it was obvious he hadn't even thought about it or discussed it with his team. He said, "I know what I want to do and I think we'll have a decision next week." It's now 5 weeks later and my 4 follow up emails (2 to him, 2 to my POC on his team), and 2 phone messages (1 to each) have been summarily ignored. This is be highly unprofessional and rude in general, but particularly from business development professionals who should know better. I have since heard (from this site as well as word of mouth) so many bad things about the way KaBOOM! does business and how they treat employees so I guess my experience is just insight to who they are. It's too bad because their mission is very admirable and they could be doing so much more good than they are if they could pull it together.

Alumni Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KaBOOM! (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for this position and recommended for a different role. In both interview processes, I was asked to present a business plan around a case study in each of the second interview. I did not hear for about a month after each process that I wasn't hired for either position.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed questions about how I would improve their current programming and what could be done if I got the position. This was outlined in the presentation they asked me to give.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KaBOOM! in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is about 4 or 5 rigorous stages. Each interview is conducted over their video conferencing line. Many situational questions are asked. It is impoortant to know what the job is before applying and interviewing with the company. During the 3rd interview, you are expected to go out on a Build and work with the staff and community. This helps the KaBOOM! staff understand how you work with a large group of people.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked situational questions. What happens if a funding partner requires healthy food options and your community wants to supply McDonalds? How would you set up your Build event? How are you with planning?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for the role of Associate Project Manager

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KaBOOM! (Washington, DC).

Interview

Took a very long time to hear back from then anytime there was communication. At least a month after submitting my resume to hear back, then another 2 weeks until a phone interview, then 2 months until I heard back to schedule an in person interview, then didn't hear back for 3 months after that interview. Required multiple follow ups both on phone and email.

Interview Questions

• When I turned up for the interview, the position was already filled so I was actually interviewing for a different job   Answer Question