Kalamazoo Valley Community College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kalamazoo Valley Community College

Sort:

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Kalamazoo, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview with HR for 30 min. Then I met the department head for 2 hours. The interview more like discussion and introducing the school. Thing is I already knew the department head and she already knew me as a person. On the second day I received a copy of the text book and other materials to design my course.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience teaching a older people?   1 Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Kalamazoo, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and direct questions related to the way I teach. They emailed me to fix the time for the interview and then we met at the college

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student doesn't understand topics from the different subject in the curriculum?   1 Answer

Part Time Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Kalamazoo, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was with the dean of the department. It was a very easygoing interview, actually a pleasure--regardless of if I was offered a position, it was very pleasant.

I was asked my ideas about teaching (which were all theoretical on my part since I hadn't taught before), and asked what I would do in certain scenarios (ie: student falling behind, not understanding, etc)

I just answered honestly. Note that just because I liked the interview doesn't mean it was "easy"--it was challenging to think about new ideas and talk about them on the fly, but I don't get nervous in those situations so I think I did well. I marked the interview as "average" because it had difficulty--but not the kind of difficulty where you are dealing with an intimidating manager who is trying to trap you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out a student or students were "lost" after several weeks of classes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a flat rate--I saw no room for negotiation, but didn't push it.

Strengths Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kalamazoo Valley Community College (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

1-hour in-person interview on-campus with an HR representative (which was great!) but then you had another on-campus interview with the Director and a few other people and it was honestly the WORST interview I've ever had. It was more of an interrogation than a conversation and I immediately knew I didn't want the position when I left the campus. It was for a part-time position too. I honestly expected better from the career office Director of Strengths because he worked in career but he is the WORST interviewer...wow!

Interview Questions

• Give us examples of how you used strengths in your daily life and work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kalamazoo Valley Community College in March 2011.

Interview

Met with Human Resources at the college and then met with staff at museum. I thought it was great to do it that way because they were able to weed out applicants who did not fit the criteria to work at the college.