Katz Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Katz Media Group Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process with Katz Media was flawless and amazing. It did take a while to hear back because several decision makers were on vacation at the time. However, I had an attentive and responsive recruiter who emailed and called whenever I had questions or concerns. They seem to care about every candidate that walks through the door for an interview. It was the greatest interview process I ever had with any media company.

Interview Questions

• Why Katz Media Group?
      What do you hope to learn as a Sales Assistant?
      Do you watch and enjoy TV?
      Do you have great customer service skills?
      What is your favorite TV show right now?
      What is your favorite TV show of all time?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY).

Interview

One 25 minute phone call with a hiring manager. Next step was going into the office and interviewing with about six different people - account executives and sales managers.

Interview Questions

• How would experiences you have had in a work environment prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screening with HR. She was very nice and asked basic interview questions. Then followed up with an in person interview. All of the people were very nice and gave me a great understanding of what the company/role was. I was asked to come in for a second interview but realized that this position was not for me, in that it was all purely sales and not much room for taking on other projects.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Katz Media Group.

Interview

Met with two different interviewers. The first interviewer talked about the job and looked over my resume. The second interviewer asked questions based off my resume. Both interviewers were really easy going and didn't ask many questions. Most of my time was spent listening about the position/company, which taught me a lot.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at (previous employers)?
      What makes you want to work here?
      What skills do you have that would allow you to multi-task?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

really quick and easy it was just like having a conversation rather then an actual interview. I don't want to write this so I'm just writing more information to get this over with

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I actually wound up being interviewed for two similar positions and spoke with 3 people. I showed up and was directed to the wrong floor. There's no reception area, so I wandered around for a bit which was an exercise in awkward for me, but someone was able to help me get to the right place. When the actual interview started, I was informed that I would be interviewing for two positions, which I wasn't prepared for, though the gentleman interviewing me understood and was very nice about my babbling about sports. The second position went similar to the first- though with less sports talk. There were a lot of open ended questions, but I did a lot of the talking. Everyone I spoke to was very nice, and I was okay with the idea of working with any of them, but I didn't get much feedback and I left feeling less than confident about my prospects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? ( More or less. I'm paraphrasing)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with two managers and then also spoke to other employees during my interview. I was asked generic questions about myself and why I would be interested in this job. They explained what I would be doing in detail and made sure I understood what role I would be playing in the company. Everyone was very nice and hospitable.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you deserve this job in 30 seconds? What skills do you have to lend to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief and quick. 20 min tops. Typical about you questions. Tell me about yourself, your working experience, challenging times at your last job, how did you handle a challenging customer at your last job, why Katz/ why advertising, how do you handle stress, how do you stay organized.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Katz? Why Katz? Why this over your last job?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Katz Media Group in December 2015.

Interview

Katz made the interview process as easy as possible for me. 10 minutes after applying online, I was contacted by a recruiter who asked to see a copy of my resume. We then set up a phone interview for the next week. The day after my phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for the same week. Everything went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what I thought the job entailed and what I thought my responsibilites would be.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

The people you meet with are extremely easy going and easy to talk to. You meet about 2-3 people during the interview process. I felt extremely comfortable the entire time i was interviewing and knew that i would want to work here. You get interviewed on the phone first by a recruiter for the company and then she decides if you are going to meet them face to face and after that if you get the job she is the one that you go through the rest of the time until you start your job