Katz Media Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Katz Media Group

2.5

Assistant Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Contacted by HR director in New York. Interview consisted of discussing my background and information about the job. She said I would be contacted by the HR director in Dallas in the next week, was never contacted after and after following up was still not contacted. The salary was low anyways, so I probably wouldn't have taken the job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with the creative director to partly go over work, but mostly it was to see if I would be a good fit culturally and work well with her as there is just the creative director and one senior designer I'd be working very closely with.

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome disagreement when working in a group?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group in February 2016.

Interview

It was about a 20 minute interview, all behavioral questions. HR was very kind, made me feel comfortable and was easy to talk to. I got the second interview, I was asked similar questions to the first interview. Overall a very positive interview experience. The people at Katz are very friendly, definitely recommend people to apply. Great place to work.

Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Probably racist hiring practices by somebody who had no business hiring people in this field. I came in and spoke with two different managers. There was no reason I shouldnt have gotten this job aside from them being racist.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I did the training program with Katz Media to become an account executive. The interview to become a sales assistant was very informal. After speaking with someone briefly on the phone we set up an interview. I met with the manager and an account executive who needed a new assistant.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was them asking why I jumped from the agency side to the rep side.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. The offer was the offer.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

The phone interview questions were pretty standard. Lots of behavioral questions. They also asked about what you knew about the company itself.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying online, I had a basic interview over the phone with a recruiter. Right after the interview ended, I was given a time that I would have to go to the main headquarters and meet with an Account Executive, along with the head of the Sales Assistants. Pretty basic interview questions, how would you deal with bad clients, etc...Followed up, but didn't hear back for a couple of weeks until I was told by the recruiter that I didn't get the position.

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty typical process. They asked me questions about my background, prior experience and where I want to end up. I wasn't told that I would be interviewing for two different teams, though. One of them was sports oriented, and I didn't feel prepared for that. I spoke to three different people separately, so it got a bit tedious after a while. It wasn't the most difficult interview I've done, but it was definitely the longest.

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The interview process consisted of the same protocols as any other company. They call you for a phone screening interview, basically to see what you are looking for as well as if you are a good fit for the position you are applying for. Once we established that I was a good fit they scheduled an in person interview with the hiring manager. When I went to my in person interview I was able to ask the hiring manager my questions about the role, explained why I was a good fit and ultimately you should know the history of the company/ the basic qualifications regarding the that you are applying for. I would hope that is common sense. Besides the typical interview questions I had to just be patient and wait for the follow up call informing me whether or not I was given the position. My best advice is to go fully prepared and do your research.

Entry-Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Katz Media Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager who then introduced me to others in the office. Spent about 3 hours there.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a Media Group position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself I can't find on your resume.   Answer Question

Pay was too low.