Kent State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kent State (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Was interviewed by 4 people via telephone. Questions were basic HR questions and I felt I did well. The panel people were very warm and friendly. Answer all your questions to the best of your ability and make it seem like you can talk and communicate well. That is a plus.

Interview Questions

• What was one accomplishment u achieved in your previous job?   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

There was no interview, I was hired upon application submission. They asked no questions, offered no training, and I walked right on. There was little no managerial involvement. They would literally hire anyone with a pulse

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kent State in May 2017.

Interview

The initial contact was the end of March, and invite to campus extended end of April. I arrived on campus for interview that lasted majority of day and was asked prior for a presentation during onsite.

The hiring department did not have many show for the presentation. The search committee did not have any prepared interview questions or topics for discussion for the next two hours. Feeling the aquardeness, I started asking questions to find out more from the committee. They seemed irritated and like they did not want to be present.

Having been part of interview processes felt this process was very odd and that they knew who they wanted before I arrived.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

The first of two interviews took place via phone and occurred relatively quickly after the posting closed. The second interview was conducted via Skype and involved an hour-long presentation. In other circumstances, the second interview would have occurred in person, however, due to limitations and time constraints, they opted for a virtual final interview.

After reflecting on the process I still don't quite understand why an hour-long presentation is required for an Academic Advisor position. Though the job requires excellent communication and speaking skills, the presentation aspect of the interview does not necessarily contribute to a candidate's effectiveness.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the partnerships between campus and the community?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

Lengthy day long interview with committee members, Dean, and chair. Waited FOUR weeks for some kind of follow up and response and decision. First part was a telephone/skype interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kent State (New York, NY).

Interview

Panel interviews and took about 8 weeks. Phone screening and then panel interview. Came back for second interview with Dean and Direct manager. Resume and application screened first for experience and education requirements.

Interview Questions

• The last book I read, What I knew about the campus / university , why I wanted to work here   Answer Question

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Kent State (Kent, OH).

Interview

Team interview with three different executive directors and one VP. All three executive directors participated in the first half of the interview, but the second half included only the hiring executive and the department VP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their starting offer was at the low level of the pay grade. I reviewed my background and ability to contribute in detail and negotiated an increase to the mid point of the salary range.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kent State.

Interview

Called in and interviewed with panel, there was a team and overall it was a basic interview experience. They gave me a tour of the building and the entire interview was about 1 hour.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kent State in May 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. It took about a month and a half to get an interview after applying and taking civil service test. There was trouble with the first test, so it was rescheduled. Only inconvenience was it was rescheduled at the main campus, which is over an hour away. Did get asked some questions that didn't seem necessary for the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kent State.

Interview

This was the most enjoyable interviews I have ever had! Very personable, but professional and straight to the point. The HR department is excellent and very organized! When I left the interview I was very confident that I was a good fit!