Kessler Collection Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.6

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was brief and straightforward. I met with the manager and food and beverage director and both were very pleasant and friendly. Employees that were working while I was waiting to be interviewed all said the restaurant was a great place to work and I would love working there if hired.

PBX Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA).

Interview

When I arrived at the hotel I had to wait about 10 mins before being seen by the manager , which wasn't a very long time. They offered water and the other staff members were very polite. The interview itself went very well. I met with the front desk manager first, then the general manager and lastly the human resource director.

Interview Questions

• Out of their five core values, which one could I relate too and why ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Horrible follow up. Not surprised to see terrible reviews of the company and HR department. Interviewed months ago. Still have not received any word on status. Experience from beginning to end was terrible. Had a phone interview that I was promised a follow up interview within 10 days. In person interview took place 6 weeks later

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Charleston, SC) in August 2015.

Interview

Went through 4 interviews in 2 hours and met with managers and other directors. HR was extremely nice and helpful but the overall process was confusing and intimidating. The back to back interviews left you not knowing what was going on and if they were really interested or just fishing you along through multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions

• State a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, unorganized, inefficient, uniformstive, poorly scheduled, lacking immediate follow up. The process took nearly 10 calls & two Skypes the a trip. All that is acceptable but upon arriving for interviews the agenda changed 5 times. In addition you're sent throughout town to meet various entities without any background or directive.

Interview Questions

• Was warned to allow president to speak   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Took forever. Had to wait weeks to arrange for everyone's schedule, then only had 5-10 minute Skype interview. Had to interview with many different people who didn't seem to have read my resume. Many of the questions were repeated by each person. I had to interview with 5 people before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked for a family run business before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer suited my needs at the time so while there was some confusion about the offer(s) I took it anyway.

In-Room Dining Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the F&B directer who know longer works there. The questions were basic. He showed me around the property and then took me to HR where I met Sharon. She was super sweet and seems excited 24/7. We mainly just talked about my life. Then she took me to meet the GM who no longer works there. He could be mistaken for a mute. Once I got the okay from him I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through an internal application page. I was contacted a week or so later by the front officer manager and was asked in for an interview with her.
    Kessler has a rather extensive interview process for most of their positions. First, you will be called by someone in the department to engage in a phone interview. This usually includes the typical tell me why you want to work here etc questions.
    After the phone interview, you will then be called in for an interview with a department head. There will be two people as Kessler policy requires two people to be present for the in person.
    Following the in person, you will likely have an interview with someone from HR and the general manager of the property following that. It can be intense and I don't think that their hiring process filters out candidates as they would like it too.
    I think for an entry level, minimum wage paying position this is a bit much.

Interview Questions

• Kessler uses a packet of ready made questions, such as why do you want to work for Kessler type questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kessler Collection.

Interview

Entire process took about 2 months. First was a phone interview with two employees (not HR). Almost a month later I was contacted to come in to meet in person with one of the people I had the phone interview with and HR. At the end of that interview I was asked when I could come back to meet with some of the executives and was told I would be contacted but never received any reply.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were pretty typical with the position/general interview questions. It seemed like maybe they weren't sure exactly what they were looking for though.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kessler Collection (Savannah, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interviews were lengthy however very detailed which like any interview is essential to making sure the right person is hired for the right job. Patience is necessary as well since some of the higher up managers are very busy at times and you may be required to wait for some time for them to speak with you, you typically interview with HR, the department head and the General Manager, the interview with the GM is probably the most difficult part because they can be the most intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you thrive in?
      What do you consider to be your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question