Kinetic Interactive Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinetic Interactive Marketing Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Kinetic Interactive Marketing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing (Schaumburg, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

The hiring managers have a three round interview process to find "qualified candidates", starting with a preliminary phone interview, followed by a face to face interview, and lastly a final 10 minute interview that leads to a job offer.

But, something that seemed a bit fishy was the fact that the office didn't seem like a Marketing firm and while looking through their forms, it states "No experience necessary."

They set the bar very low, but, it's for a reason. The hiring manager didn't want to share details about pay (pay is lower than minimum wage) or about benefits (there are none).

Here is an overview of the type of questions they asked:

Are you okay working some evenings and weekends to advance your growth within the company?

Do you have reliable transportation to our office on a daily basis?

How many years of marketing or retail/sales experience do you have? If none, it is completely ok.

Please describe yourself in 3 words?

What is your estimated start date for a position?

The pay was below minimum wage with no benefits. The commission structure had minimal chance for extra significant income. This job was just a scam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the company a few days after. The next week I attended an interview at the Schaumburg office. The office was very small and had a techno cd playing loudly over the speakers. The employees all were very friendly and the interview itself was very short and basic. I was called back the same day for a second round interview later in the week which consisted of a half day shadowing at one of their product demonstrations at a Costco.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic, asking about my background and resume.   Answer Question

I did not pursue the second round of interviews because the job was more product demonstrating and merchandising rather than actual sales or marketing.

Event Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The first interview lasted about 10 minutes just basic information gathering. They then call you back late that day to see if they would like you to do on on-site interview with one of their trainers. The trainer is there to find out further information about you and to show you what the job is about. Since the trainer thought I was qualified I was then sent back to the office for another interview. They called later on that afternoon to offer the job and wanted a response within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are we better at marketing than the traditional ways   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

3 round interviews. First is brief and owner seems convinced on selling you the opportunity without knowing your resume.
    2nd round they have to do a field day to show you the day to day.
    3rd round they bring you in to seal the deal and offer you a position.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Product Demonstrator I Guess? Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

One phone interview, interview at the office and interview at "the club" (Sam's Club). Very easy, they hire anyone who is willing to do this job. Very high turnover. When I was there new people were added almost daily.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating.

Entry-Level Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinetic Interactive Marketing in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and within 3 days received a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and I was asked a couple of basic interview questions but it mostly involved the interviewer explaining the company and position to me. The next day, I had an in-person interview with an associate at Sam's Club where I was asked some more basic questions and observed the associate selling products to passing customers. After this, I was then asked a couple of more basic questions and then had the managerial training process explained to me.

The in-person interview was fine but I felt like they were trying to sugar-coat a position that you don't even need a degree for by asking me lots of marketing questions. I decided to stop the interview process after this interview because it just didn't feel like a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between direct marketing and indirect marketing?   1 Answer
    • Why has indirect marketing seen a decline in recent years?   1 Answer

For about the first year this is a sales positions working on an hourly/commission wage. You would have to drive to various places throughout Chicagoland (and possibly out-of-state) to sell your products while also undergoing a vigorous training session. I didn't think the compensation matched the rigor of the position nor did I want a sales position.