Kinney Drugs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kinney Drugs Interview Questions

Interviews at Kinney Drugs

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs.

Interview

Very informal with my manager (probably against the norm)- Mostly checked out my resume, which I recommend you make to see if you can squeeze even an extra bit of pay out with your experience. Talked about my duties, what training I'd get, the kind of hyped up "employee owned" sort of stuff, and when I could work. Went over policies and the basics.

Interview Questions

• I was flat-out asked if I planned to stay long(ish)-term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made it sound like I would be a shift supervisor (since I had the experience to be) but ended up only offering a cashier job. Rate of pay was much lower than expected at $8.25, only $.25 more than minimum. Left feeling displeased, but needed a job.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

The hiring process was pretty basic .They will ask general questions about your previous employment. If you have previous cashiering experience they will give you about a .25 above minimum wage.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Syracuse, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied at Job Fair at a hotel in Syracuse, NY. Paper application. Submitted with resume. I interviewed with two people for the first round of interviews. The second round interview was with the store manager of the store I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• If I called your reference for this job, what would that person say about you?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs in February 2016.

Interview

I put in an application and got a call back within a couple days! I could tell they needed someone soon, so maybe that's why the process was really quick. Either way this really isn't a bad job.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Syracuse, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

The interviewing team was able to ask good questions, but not specifically focused in the area for which they were hiring as it was a new position. They asked for detailed business use cases and were very attentive and interactive.

Interview Questions

• Asking for a very specific question almost expecting a book or google syntax answer seemed to be a little obscure rather than discussing theory or purpose.   Answer Question

Negotiation

negotiations were mostly focused around start dates, not compensation or benefits.

Pharmacy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Hamilton, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Long and tedious written application. Called back a couple days later. Hired on the spot pending drug test result. Also was asked what my preferred salary would be. (tip: don't tell people salary or post things on social media.) I got my first warning on my first day. good luck

Interview Questions

• Verified hours and previous jobs and asked if I had previous cashier experience.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Syracuse, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, interviewed with pharmacist, then with store manager. Pharmacist made the hire call, manager was just rubber stamp. Fast and painless, the paperwork was standard stuff, drug test was quick and I was working three days later.

Negotiation

I told them hours I would work, and min wage. Went smooth.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plattsburgh, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Plattsburgh, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and it was very easy process. Management was great to speak to and I found once in an interview, the manager to be easy to talk to and communicate with.

Interview Questions

• Trying to find a time to come into Kinney Drugs for a face to face interview   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champlain, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Champlain, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After sending in my application and resume, I was contacted by the Regional Manager for a telephone interview, after which there was an in-person interview, and then I was asked to take a drug test.

Sift Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinney Drugs (Hamilton, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

my interview was one on one, filled out paperwork, watched vidioes

Negotiation

the room to grow with the company was on the table, I took an 8,000 dollar cut in pay.