Kinross Gold Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.4

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Elko, NV) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions on experience and whether you can handle the commute. Asked about situations when you had conflict with workers or management. Overall, it was relatively easy. Pretty straight forward questions on experience and whether you can handle the commute. Asked about situations when you had conflict with workers or management. Overall, it was relatively easy.

Mill Operator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Kinross Gold.

Interview

It was good. The phone interview was about 30 min. Basic questions were answered. They were really nice and easy going. Just be truthful and honest. It is nerve racking to be on the phone because you can't tell if they are interested because you can't see them.

Interview Questions

• Job history, why do I want to work for kinross, general questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Generation Gold Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kinross Gold.

Interview

Kinross had come to my university campus fair and scheduled interview sessions. The questions were mostly general HR--your strengths, do you have any industrial experience? Tell me about your interaction with other international students, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, but one question was, "Can you tell me something about Kinross' values?"   1 Answer

Metallurgist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Round Mountain, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Round Mountain, NV) in December 2010.

Interview

Most interview questions revolved around safety.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to the following situation: You make a suggestion to change a current process and the person you're talking to tells you it is a terrible idea and they won't do it.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Republic, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Republic, WA) in June 2009.

Interview

I was first interviewed over the phone. That went very well. The company then wanted to fly me to Washington from my home in Arizona. They also wanted my wife to come to take a look at the area. We flew to Washington and then I attend a two day in depth interview, which also went well, mostly because I was very prepared and had the experience they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult employee in the past? (be a specific as possible)   Answer Question
    • Describe you most difficult manager. Explain why they were difficult and what you did to function and get along with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but I unfortunately only focused on my relocation and salary. I know now that I could have negotiated on my vacation time as well.
    I would suggest to anyone applying and negotiating with Kinross to also negotiate their vacation time.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Kinross Gold.

Interview

First part was a phone interview conducted by HR, then the second step was going in for a scheduled face to face interview with two department managers. Asked a lot of behavioural and situational questions, but very few technical questions (which really surprised me). I got the feeling that they really work their summer interns hard. I had a competing offer and chose to go with that instead.

Interview Questions

• Kinross Values
      Why do you want to work for Kinross
      Why do you want to work for a Gold Company
      Take me through your resume
      Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Risk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Phone call interview with HR after applying online. The interview was strictly behavioural questions. The HR representative asked me about possible start dates. Final interview with Director at corporate office, went through my resume and gave me behavioural questions. There was then information given to me regarding the position and a couple technical questions.

Global Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was a referral - had three interviews

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Kinross Gold in March 2013.

Interview

Online application followed by phone interview that was more of a conversation than an interview. Was previously employed so process was shorter and simpler. HR didn't like the fact people applied to multiple positions (like I did). In fact they said they ignored people that did (except me, I guess?).

Generation Gold Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kinross Gold (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2012.

Interview

meeting at career fair, telephone interview, formal interview in company headquarters which included a group case study and a personal presentation on previously agreed subjects.

Interview Questions

• give an example of how your technical expertise has been used to overcome an issue in a previous work experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company was very open to concerns, needs and aspirations, however the final offer fell through.