Klein Tools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Klein Tools

2.9

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

Efficient, direct. Respectful of the schedule. Interviewed with five people from different parts of the company. They were friendly, relaxed and engaged. I was asked to come back for a second round and was presented the offer at the end which was a nice surprise.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very conversational. Dress business professional. Klein does do phone screenings as well as in-person interviews. I heard back from Klein within a week and negotiated the terms of my hiring agreement.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Klein Tools (New York, NY).

Interview

Well managed throughout the process. The questions were more about fit within the culture. It was a very relaxing conversation vs. a constant grinding out of typical questions. Met with several functional groups throughout the day.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Casual and conversational interview. They do not have a checklist of interview questions so just be yourself. You do not have to be previously part of the industry to earn consideration. They want energetic individuals who will be a good ambassador for Klein's quality reputation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Rockford, MI) in January 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by HR person, set up initial interview, was called back for subsequent team interview, received offer, made counter offer, counter offer accepted, went for physical and was hired 1 week later

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving a job paying more money to come to work for Klein?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they made an offer via an emailed offer letter. I countered with an offer request 10% higher annual salary and one additional week of paid vacation. they accepted

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Charleston, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. The interviewers and I took turns leading the conversation by exchanging questions. They were appropriate and weren't pushy at all, very casual conversations.

Interview Questions

• Where I wanted to be in the next 5 years.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, IL

Application

Interview

My interview took place over the phone because I was away at school at the time. It was scheduled to be an hour long but only lasted about 45 minutes. We took turns leading the conversation and exchanging questions.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Lincolnshire, IL) in March 2019.

Interview

Straightforward meet with multiple people 1 on 1. Basic questions with HR and more challenging question with the hiring manager about specific circuits from their products. No feedback is given and seemed like they are looking for more experience employees even though it has entry level listed.

Interview Questions

• We have this problem with our circuit how would you go about fixing or improving the design?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Lincolnshire, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was approached by one of their recruiters via Linkedin, after a brief phone conversation I had a phone interview with the hiring manager followed by a face to face interview.

Face to face interview took about 2 hrs. Met with the hiring manager, the V.P. of engineering and the head of Human Resources.

The process was a bit long due to the holidays.

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Klein Tools (Lincolnshire, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

The company reached out to me for an interview. The interview process consisted of a brief phone screening then in person interview. I applied online and heard back from them within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult team mate.   Answer Question
    • Mainly quized on resume and asked to elaborate on experiences   Answer Question