Knox College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Knox College

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Knox College (Galesburg, IL).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with two members of the hiring committee followed by a half-day on-site interview, which consisted of a 10-minute presentation on Knox, a meeting with the Dean of Admission, a meeting with the admission counseling staff, a meeting with the Office of Financial Aid, and lunch at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• How does this job fit into your future goals? What makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Professor Interview

Interview

Phone interview, two-day campus interview with teaching demo and research talk to faculty and students, met with dean, lunch with students, tour of campus, lunch and dinner with the search committee, interview with committee, tour of campus, friendly environment, great experience, tour of library, meeting with human resources, lots of interactions but all laid back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. A lot of questions about diversity.   Answer Question

Lab Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Knox College in May 2012.

Interview

There was no interview since the position is filled by graduating students. Other interviews, have consisted of day long meetings with the dean and faculty. Interviewers are expected to give a presentation where students and faculty can attend.

Interview Questions

• How expensive is your project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

NA

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galesburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Knox College (Galesburg, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

Went there for an onsite interview. Met with and interviewed by members of the department and key administrative staff (dean of students, dean of academic affairs).

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging student issue you have dealt with and how?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They wouldn't negotiate