Kobre & Kim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.9

Litigation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by supervisor of Litigation Assistants and two Analysts (all separately). The interview took about an hour. Was asked my strength and weakness and details on my prior work experience. Also asked about my college experience (specifically most memorable projects). Very nice people and easy to talk to made me feel comfortable in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which you made a mistake in a prior work environment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on my university's career website. Was contacted about a month later by an HR representative who invited me to interview over the phone. The call took 25 minutes and was a basic review of the position, my resume, and a basic set of questions about how you work as a part of a team, your communication style, and your willingness to work for potentially guilty clients.

Was invited to interview in office a couple days later. Flew to the office to interview with two people in the BD department. Really looking for a good fit-mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you struggled to communicate effectively with a teacher/supervisor/superior and how you handled it.

What is your role in a team?
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

I applied through my university on-campus recruiting. My interview was scheduled very quickly, and I was brought into the office two weeks after my on-campus interview (exactly as the interviewers informed me). The entire interview process was handled by current analysts, which seemed like a unique part of the job. They were all very welcoming, my interviews were interesting and the conversations were intellectual.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most successful project or team you have ever led and the least successful. What lessons did you learn?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard, with first-round interviews on campus, followed by a superday comprised of three interviews (behavioural, analytical, and interview with attorney) a few weeks after, at their New York office. Most interviews were conducted by the analysts, which gave the interviews a more conversational tone. I appreciated the insight they gave me into the firm from their responses.

My only suggestion would for HR to be a little more responsive, as I had to follow up a couple times to set up an interview time for my superday.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Washington, DC).

Interview

First round was on campus, fairly typical 30 minute interview with behavioral questions. Final round was at the firm, approximately 3 hours with two pairs of analysts then an attorney. Asked questions about prior legal experience, legal interests, and analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your dynamic in a team-setting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a 30 minute behavioral interview through my university. I was then invited to a impromptu dinner (the most favorable candidates of the interview rounds were invited) and then to a final interview round, where I had 3 interviews: behavioral interview, analysis interview, and an interview with an attorney. For almost the entire process my interviewers were analysts themselves, so barely older than me. The analysis interview consisted of defending my writing sample to the interviewers, and then the interview with the attorney was relatively casual and we discussed my goals and aspirations. Only complaint is that the final interview took a very long time to schedule and that was a confusing process.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with someone who has a different working style than you?
      How to do you complete two important tasks that both have deadlines?
      Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute interview with two current legal analysts. Interview was primarily behavioral - asked questions about leadership, experience meeting deadlines, interest in law. Interview took place in University. Both analysts were very friendly and turned the interview into more of a conversation than an intimidating process.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you took initiative?
      Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

Two people interviewed me over the phone. It was very basic, they didn't seem too interested in asking me questions beyond what their list - it was cold and not very personable. They were looking to hire someone immediately and I had commitments that would have severely overlapped with their lengthy work schedules.

Interview Questions

• If you were with a client and your boss and you knew your boss was giving the client incorrect information, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with two senior analysts and was asked fairly typical first round questions. A week or so later, I was invited to a super day in NYC which consisted of two rounds of interviews with current analysts and one with an attorney. Everyone I spoke to throughout the process came off as very friendly and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in law? How does this position fit into your future plans? What makes you a good fit for this position, and in particular, the office that you've applied for?   Answer Question

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Received 1st Phone Interview, was pleasant, difficult questions. BD Analyst position is apparently fairly new, incorporates marketing/legal work in one. According to interviewer there is also a 2nd round phone interview, and then a super day type thing where you interview at the firm with various people for a whole day. Didn't feel too amazing about this firm after the interview, I felt like some of my honest answers weren't what they wanted to hear. Really looking for strong culture fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel defending a criminal corporate client?   1 Answer