Kobre & Kim Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kobre & Kim Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY).

Interview

Participated in an on-campus interview as the first round; questions were as expected and the interview was relaxed with two young analysts in the position I was applying for. they asked mostly about my experiences and talked about theirs and asked a few more specific prepared quesionts

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership style; walk us through your resume; what skill have you gained that you think will benefit you in this postition   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview, which took about 15 minutes total. Throughout the whole interview, they did not smile once and seemed in a hurry to finish the interview. Not at all engaging. The work itself seemed like a lot of tedious work, almost paralegal work but with a different title. Interview questions were predictable.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, strength/weakness, how would you defend a criminal, how do you deal with different projects at the same time, what motivates you   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process was a short 30-min on campus interview, followed by a superday at their NYC offices (1 behavioral, 1 analytical, and 1 attorney interview, followed by a lunch with the analysts).

Interview Questions

• Why Kobre & Kim?
      What is your experience meeting deadlines?   Answer Question

Legal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in October 2017.

Interview

It was simple and straightforward.I was interviewed by two of the analysts at the firm. They seemed tired before my interview and one of them was reading down a list of generic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Kobre & Kim? What are some of your strengths and weaknesses? Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an onsite interview on campus . The interviewers were current analysts. One was recently graduated and the other was a senior analyst. They were friendly and very helpful when I asked questions afterwards. Neither wanted to be lawyers after their experience at the firm though.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel representing a client who you thought might be guilty?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute interview by two analysts who were only 1-2 years out of college. They asked several questions and explained the horizontal structure of the firm. Asked about some things on my resume and study abroad.

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through school employer platform
    Contacted to schedule an on-campus interview
    Interviewers are current legal analysts, alumni of university, not too much older than interviewees
    Timeline very prompt, professional: given notice of position status within one week of interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about (this position on your resume): walking through your experiences, seeking to understand the skills that you have gained from each position   Answer Question
    • Why Kobre & Kim?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim.

Interview

The process was quite lengthy for an entry level position. There was an HR screening interview and a few days later a phone interview. I was then selected to come in for in person panel interview conducted by 4 staff members via VTC and on the same day interviewed with 3 attorneys (1 partner and 2 associates).

Interview Questions

• What makes you a successful candidate? What are you proud of?   Answer Question

Litigation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim (New York, NY).

Interview

Was interviewed by supervisor of Litigation Assistants and two Analysts (all separately). The interview took about an hour. Was asked my strength and weakness and details on my prior work experience. Also asked about my college experience (specifically most memorable projects). Very nice people and easy to talk to made me feel comfortable in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation in which you made a mistake in a prior work environment?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kobre & Kim in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on my university's career website. Was contacted about a month later by an HR representative who invited me to interview over the phone. The call took 25 minutes and was a basic review of the position, my resume, and a basic set of questions about how you work as a part of a team, your communication style, and your willingness to work for potentially guilty clients.

Was invited to interview in office a couple days later. Flew to the office to interview with two people in the BD department. Really looking for a good fit-mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you struggled to communicate effectively with a teacher/supervisor/superior and how you handled it.

What is your role in a team?   Answer Question