L-3 Wescam Interview Questions | Glassdoor

L-3 Wescam Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.5

Electrical Designer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam.

Interview

An acquaintance forwarded my resume to the hiring manager who then contacted me via email. I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 mins. I was invited for an onsite interview. They reimbursed for my mileage and hotel stay. Met with the HR manager, then the hiring manager, then got a brief tour of the facility.

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very tough and best interview ever but the security check process can take forever and the outcome turns out to be positive and i moved to the next stage...the process is somehow long

Interview Questions

• The panelist are great with knowledge and great experience....the hiring process starts with phone interview and if you pass then the hiring manager wants to see you inperson and if you pass then the security clearance is the next   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Welland, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam (Welland, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Informal interview Human Resource person was very down to earth and really only wanted to review my qualifications and resume - a position was not available at the time but wanted to prepare for someone who was retiring.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One interview with your (potential) manager + HR person
    45ish minutes
    They are known to take forever to actually give you an offer; don't hold your breath - keep applying to other places.

Interview Questions

Interview

Was interviewed by an HR dept. employee and the electrical engineering manager. Was worried that questions might be a bit technical. However, most of the questions were non-technical asking about education, courses taken, company itself, etc. The most difficult question was- what are your hobbies? The hard part was relating a particular hobby to the position. Overall, it was a relaxing interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies? (Relating the hobby to the position)   1 Answer

Interview

Bland, predictable, poor hiring manager social skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

hostile

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

Was looking to switch gears in my career when I applied online through their careers website. Was contacted by an HR representative by email to ask for a phone interview. The phone interview was a quick and simple overview of general qualifications and experience. Led to a request for face-to-face interview the following week with their Technical Lead for the Designer position.

Interview with the Technical Lead was disappointing. He seemed to be quite analytical, without a sense of humor. I could not honestly see myself working for this person. He asked basic questions probing to see if I understood the position and whether my background experience was sufficient. Before the interview I was excited about possibly working for L3. Afterwards, I was asking myself whether I really wanted to work there anymore. Luckily I was not offered the position and therefore did not have to decline.

The facilities seemed to be dated. The work environment in the area I was taken was old fabric-covered cubicles with old-school furnishings. The people there take security seriously (a good thing). I was not given a tour of the facility as I was with other companies.

Overall, it was a good practice interview for me not having interviewed for over 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. I wasn't taken off-guard by any of the questions.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at L-3 Wescam in February 2011.

Interview

I was called in to visit the facility for an in person interview. The interview was straightforward and they just asked me behavioral questions and we talked about the experience and projects that I had mentioned on my resume. No trick questions.

Negotiation

They refused to negotiate.