L7 Creative Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at L7 Creative Communications

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at L7 Creative Communications (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I communicated with them via email and eventually did a Skype interview since I was out of the city. I spoke with an account manager who would eventually become my intern supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What draws you to L7 Creative specifically?   1 Answer

Account Service Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at L7 Creative Communications.

Interview

I interviewed here and the process was average. The account executive who first made contact with me was very friendly and I thought upper management treated me kindly as well. I didn't feel as though I was being asked any odd questions, it was pretty regular. Three interviews: one on the phone, one with lower level staff and one with management.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at L7 Creative Communications in May 2014.

Interview

I sent in an Internship Inquiry with a cover letter and attached Resumer careers@l7creative.com. I was contacted by Nikki Hess not too long after requesting a phone interview (I was not in CA at the time). The interview was pretty standard and casual. Nikki was very friendly and answered all of my questions. At the interview I was offered the internship and the rest is history. She was very accommodating in scheduling my hours when I came home from school to start the internship.

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at L7 Creative Communications (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process here is very lengthy. At first, I thought this meant they were flooded with candidates and HR was taking their time to determine the best applicants for the position. I later learned that this organization has a terrible reputation in the community and several candidates turned down offers. At the time, I was told I would be getting my dream job: high caliber clients, great teammates, a supportive management group with room to grow. During the interview, some red flags appeared. I learned that HR is the wife of the owner, which means there will be no unbiased party in conflicts, and likely no confidentiality. She also doubles as their financial director, payroll processor and benefits coordinator. I was asked questions such as if I had children, which would affect my ability to do my job or work long hours. When the offer was provided to me, and I countered with an offer to match my current salary (less than 10% more), I was subjected to a 2+ hour debate with the owner, who argued with me, trying to sell me on the other benefits of the job and lied to me about the legalities of needing to provide proof of my salary history with other organizations in order for my request to be considered. Thankfully, after this conversation I reached out to respected industry leaders about my concerns and learned the truth about this company. It has a reputation for unethical behavior, high turnover, financial irresponsibility, and micromanaging. My advice is trust your gut instincts and do your homework. Research the company you're interviewing with, get independent opinions, and talk to current/past employees (if you can).

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything that would pose a problem for you to work the hours necessary for this position, such as children?   Answer Question

The refusal to consider my counteroffer without proof of salary history made me think that the company simply did not have the money to afford me. Also, the combative nature and sales techniques of the owner led to me think about the working environment in which I'd be working daily, and made my decision to decline the opportunity.