LBB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at LBB

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LBB (Austin, TX).

Interview

formal meeting with multiple members of team, including manager. Friendly conversational tone and not too technical overall. Very simple Excel test at the end. Overall the content was very general, as the job does not expect direct experience in statewide budgeting. Salary negotiations were non-existent, and the top level management would not budge one dollar from their very low original offer. They want people who desire to work with LBB specifically.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LBB (Austin, TX).

Interview

Panel interview with the team that is hiring (3-5 people), followed by a very basic Excel test. The offices are very nice and not intimidating at all. The Q&A session is thorough, especially on school/work balance topics. It is made very clear that every 2 years when the Legislature meets, you will be expected to work 60-70 hours per week or more. Overall they are understanding that most people have not performed a directly related job to LBB core mission.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with legislation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary, very low to start. Merit salary bonuses are distributed at the beginning of each fiscal year.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LBB (Austin, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The first interview is with the Manager and team members (this phase also included a computer based skills test). The second interview is with the Manager and one of the Assistant Directors.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous work situation relevant to the job   1 Answer