LEVICK Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LEVICK Interview Questions

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LEVICK.

Interview

The interview was in-person with three separate people. One VP, the Director of the Fellowship and an Associate . Each was done separately and ran about 30-40 min each. Overall it was a very standard interview, but every now and then there were some questions to keep you on your toes. They allowed me to take the writing test home and said I would have 4 hours to complete it. The writing test was huge and impossible to complete in 4 hours, so I assume they wanted to see how you reacted under stress. I was only able to complete some of it before I had to submit it. I am glad I didn't get an offer because I don't think I could work there anyways.

Senior Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LEVICK (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was highly recommended by a former supervisor, and former director at LEVICK. My former supervisor reached out to a C-level executive. The executive replied saying my credentials were impressive and that we should meet. I followed up a few times over the course of three months and would only get one sentence responses saying we should definitely meet up, but when I ask where and what time, the executive would be silent. It was quite disorganized and unprofessional.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at LEVICK in June 2014.

Interview

Having been in the communications field for over eight years both in the US and Internationally, I can say with certainty that this was the most haphazard interview process I have ever gone through in my life.

I applied through email and was contacted over a month and half later by the HR associate to schedule an interview. I was in a meeting and so I called her back...three times since I left a message once, no call back so I called the next day, she hung up on me, then called back once more and she scheduled the interview. I was interviewing from out of town so I came in at my own cost and interviewed with four SVP & VPs. This went really well and they seemed intelligent and I liked the agency.

Next I waited two weeks and was contacted to do a timed two hour writing test, which I had to complete during business hours. I waited two weeks for an update, and finally emailed the HR associate who notified me that they wanted me to come in again for a second round of interviews. I then confirmed with her a time and date, and again flew in at my own cost. I get to the interview and she informs me she had me down for the next day, which I quickly showed her the email indicating we agreed on the day I was there. She asked me to come back the next day, but since I flew in just for the day (I took the day off of work) I couldn't. In the end she ended up hustling together the people that I needed to meet with, but I'm sure this cost me a good interview as the interviewees had no idea who I was and no chance to review my resume prior to being rushed into a room with me. It was bad on all accounts.

All in all a horrible process which I can't blame on the firm other than the fact they hired an HR associate who didn't seem to be very detail oriented.

Fellowship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LEVICK.

Interview

Emailed HR with my resume and cover letter.. heard back about 3 weeks or so later
    Met in their office for an hour with 3 people- One VP, One Admin, One Manager (heads up the fellowship program)
    Meet with them each individually
    Asked standard questions until the last manager wanted to keep me on my toes and asked tricky questions that I wasn't expecting
    Overall they were nice, but I didn't leave feeling confident with my answers to the unexpected questions

Interview Questions

• What makes good writing?
      What if you can't always be honest?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LEVICK (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews. I was close with a number of executives at the firm through other work experiences, and I know it was a great place to work. I joined as soon as I was offered a position

Interview Questions

• "I know what you can do for us -- what do you want to learn while you are here?"   Answer Question

Social Media/Digital Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LEVICK (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied online for a specific position with company. After a few weeks they reached out to me and wanted to set up a phone interview. I was very excited until I found out a couple days later that the phone interview was for a paid internship position, not the original position I applied for. I went through with the interview process anyway because I was interested in the company. On the day of my phone interview, I spoke with three different team members. I was asked about myself, my experiences (professionally and academically) and then asked to answer hypothetical questions. That afternoon, after the phone interviews, I was asked to complete a writing sample where they sent me a situation and I had to develop and write a plan (timed 2 hour writing sample). Three days later I received a phone call offering the job and then I got the formal offer via e-mail.

Interview Questions

• Please describe Levick Strategic Communications' as if you were telling some one who had never heard of the firm before.   Answer Question

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LEVICK (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were straightforward. Applied via email. Can't remember if there was a phone screen. Interview was scheduled for a half-day -- 30 minute interviews with three different people, then an hour-long on-site writing sample (had to write a proposal). It was grueling and back-to-back, which was intense. They gave me two books on strategic PR written by the firm's founder, which was nice but unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Interview was much more difficult and in-depth than most intern interviews I went on (and even some for full-time jobs). They're very thorough and expect you to really know your stuff -- even for an intern. Not for the faint of heart or the inexperienced.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LEVICK.

Interview

After applying I was asked in for an interview first thing in the morning. Upon arrival I was given a bag with two books by Richard Levick. It is a nice gesture, but it felt pretty presumptuous. Unfortunately the HR guy was out sick so I was shunted to another individual on the digital team who knew nothing about me and wasn't prepared. She was very nice, but for a crisis communications firm, it was strange they didn't have a plan for interviews when the HR folks are out. We talked about my background and life at Levick. It was clearly communicated to me that the job was all demanding, with long nights and weekends as necessary. I appreciated the candor.

After speaking with one individual for about 20 minutes, I moved on to another individual, also on the digital team. He, too, was nice, but again it was more a conversation and less a formal interview. I did learn that over half the digital team had been there less than a year and virtually none of the digital team had been there longer than 3 years. By the end of the interviews, it was obvious that Levick is fundamentally a crisis communications firm that is looking to bolt-on digital. I knew before I left that Levick and it wouldn't be a good fit for what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Since the interviews were more conversations, I didn't have any tough questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LEVICK in May 2011.

Interview

This was the most intense interview I've ever been on. As soon as I walked in, I was given a personalized welcome packet, Harvard business review article, 2 books written by the president and founder, and a bottle of water. I then individually interviewed with three account executives, all of whom were lovely and asked pretty much the same standard questions. Afterwards, I took a 2 hr writing test. The process was very long but relatively painless, although I have already made up my mind not to work with this firm.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LEVICK in March 2011.

Interview

I should've consulted the reviews on this site before interviewing. Based on my interview, it is very apparent that the junior staff does all the work and has all the knowledge - they're the ones who asked legitimate questions about my skillset and background.

Interviews with more senior individuals were incredibly unprofessional, consisting only of meaningless questions such as "what is your favorite swear word?" and "tell me a joke?"

Needless to say, I'm glad I've found work elsewhere.